Lt. Commander
# 11
12-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
But are they murderable?
Naboo hasn't been shown to be a visitable world yet.

Oh and race choice is like Mass Effect, choose a backstory and you recieve your class and race. And that's really a "Surprise! Your race is a X !"
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post

Oh and race choice is like Mass Effect, choose a backstory and you recieve your class and race. And that's really a "Surprise! Your race is a X !"
Thats quite, dull.

Whilst I love how its done in Mass Effect and DragonAge, I'd expected more from TOR. I'd liked to of been a Sith Interrogator and torture people but I dont think I could bring myself to betray Trek Online (especially when DCUO is coming out so I can occupy both that and STO)

And yes, Cappy is right (as always) those kids are way too serious with their precious little IP. Thus... my initial idea, as a way to bring them back to earth with a bump and get a good laugh out of the process. I even asked if I could be a playable Vulcan to which I got a less than welcome responce haha
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post

what?

You don't do that in Masseffect so i doubt that is happening in tOR.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Meh. Origin Stories are cool for single player games, but for an MMO where it'll end up with thousands of people having the same background...

I kinda miss the old days of games like UO where "quests" did not exist and people had to think for themselves what they wanna do with their online time. Led to a much more believable world and interesting social structures. Nowadays it's all about "you'll eat what you're being fed and by the gods you're gonna like it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
those kids are way too serious with their precious little IP
Does this mindset not exist in every major franchise, be it Wh40k, LotR, or ... say ... Star Trek?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Does this mindset not exist in every major franchise, be it Wh40k, LotR, or ... say ... Star Trek?
I love the ultra-serious WH40k fanboys. I mean the entire universe is so unbelievably over the top and insane that it's funny. Has a lot of good stories in it but it's quite satirical and extreme.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-03-2011, 11:35 AM
I've never been one to defend a topic really seriously, my memory recall just isn't accurate enough for it.

<--- Sucks in anything involving memorization. Hort can't even talk good.