Lt. Commander
As we all probably know, the Devs have said that the Foundry will remain on Tribble until it is "ready". Thats fine, and I dont intend to rush anything. I'm simply curious what the criteria is that they will use to measure whether it is "ready" or not. While we wait on an official comment, what do you think it is and or should be?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
As we all probably know, the Devs have said that the Foundry will remain on Tribble until it is "ready". Thats fine, and I dont intend to rush anything. I'm simply curious what the criteria is that they will use to measure whether it is "ready" or not. While we wait on an official comment, what do you think it is and or should be?
I'm willing to wait as well till it's ready and this is something I'd also like to know.

Edit: I havn't had much time with the busy Joliet season to test it much so my knowledge isn't sufficient enough to form an opinion on what the criteria should be.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2010, 03:40 PM
my guess would be until its stable. Currently the foundry likes to turn off =D
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I believe they want to get some of their short term goals into Foundry before releasing it. Plus they also want to verify its stability. Considering the fact that a huge number more players will be using it on Holodeck then on Tribble they want to make sure it won't crash everything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-30-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd personally like to see dialogue trees implemented before any live release, maybe the ability to copy over some creations from tribble to holodeck would also be great so authors don't have to re do everything.

Can't wait though I just hope players create an abundance of klingon content!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-30-2010, 04:15 PM
If you've used it at all you know it isn't ready, there are too many basic things missing at the moment, triggers, single target placement, copying costumes, copying maps, ability to interact with something more than once-without using inventive tricks.... others can add to the list. It is good, but not ready.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Probably Benchmarks for Release to the Live Server:
  • Branching Dialogues
  • Working search function
  • Working ratings system (somewhat broken right now)
  • Working costume switches (space and ground)
  • Plans revealed on how to encourage reviewers
  • Plans revealed on how non-reviewers will receive missions (aside from the 3 mission daily)
  • Copy and paste options: maps, costumes, etc.