Lt. Commander
Does anyone know if this is possible? Can a mod do it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-30-2010, 07:10 PM
I hate my name, and I've asked. No reply. I'm pretty sure you'd have to cancel your account and resub to have a different forum name.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2010, 07:46 PM
CURSES!!! :twists handle-bar mustache:
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-31-2010, 12:21 AM
If your @handle is the same as your login name then you can request a change.

Other than that... Try and hope for one of them miracles to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-31-2010, 12:24 AM
I too would like to change my forum name.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-31-2010, 01:03 AM
They did it for me when it was the same as my account name. I requested to change it again and they said no. I even asked if I bought another copy, and transfered everything and they still said no.....I was willing to pay them!!

I hate my name and its sad because I chose it....
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-31-2010, 02:43 AM
Taken from my chat with them when I requested something similar:

Quote:
******: While we would like to help you, unfortunately, we only offer name changes if the account name and handle are the same, the current handle is a security risk or the name qualifies as a violation to our policies. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Chris J: And why is that?

******: Company policy
The whole @handle thing was implemented so you could be identified by other players, regardless of what character you were playing. The theory was that it would make you behave on the forum if you could be linked to your in-game characters. I personally feel it's a violation of my right to privacy when playing a game and leads to too many people contacting people from the forum in-game to harrass them, but I guess Cryptic view it differently.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-31-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevian
Taken from my chat with them when I requested something similar:
Lol.

I also notice you're a West Midlander....
< *hint hint*

Anyway... you should've chosen your 'name' better. While mine isn't perfect, at least it's something I can live with. Real Life names are so easy to type in...
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-31-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Lol.

I also notice you're a West Midlander....
< *hint hint*

Anyway... you should've chosen your 'name' better. While mine isn't perfect, at least it's something I can live with. Real Life names are so easy to type in...
Ewww, a Brummie

I was completely unaware when originally signing up that my sign-in name would be unusable as my @handle. When I went to create that bit I saw that it said not to use the same name as the login, and stupidly followed the rules. I'f I'd just stuck with it I'd be able to change it now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-31-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevian
Ewww, a Brummie
Actually no. Solihull is entirely different to Birmingham; and much better, despite there only being a 8 to 9 mile differance.. We have our own council, more green space, and Birmingham International Airport is closer to Solihull than Birmingham.....:p

But returning to topic, I'd have though everyone would have been more careful in choosing their name, especially since in almost all instances you can't change it to something else.