Lt. Commander
# 11
12-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Clearly the solution is to spam more NPCs from carriers. Enough to cover up the sun!

On a serious note though, yeah, evil bug. Should squash it. Good to know so I can be careful too.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-31-2010, 07:20 PM
I am sure this is a recent bug, because I would have noticed it much earlier, though it does add an interesting side- effect for both factions. Maybe it will make more klinks think twice before using it on me in the future
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObieKenobi View Post
Clearly the solution is to spam more NPCs from carriers. Enough to cover up the sun!

On a serious note though, yeah, evil bug. Should squash it. Good to know so I can be careful too.
"Then we will fight in the shade" comes to mind.......
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-01-2011, 11:19 AM
This is not a very recent bug. I know I reported it a while ago.

Its also not entirely important. While its clearly something that should be fixed, typically, if someone is scrambled, everyone who was cloaked is decloaked and fighting, or will be very soon. That means it is really only an issue to BOPs that are battlecloaking, and then only if someone actually uses scramble sensors and that scrambled target isn't trying to defend themselves from whoever isn't cloaked.

With the upsurge of carriers on the KDF side, its more common to see scramble sensors, but pre-carrier buff, there were very few who bothered using a science slot on it on the KDF side.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
With the upsurge of carriers on the KDF side, its more common to see scramble sensors, but pre-carrier buff, there were very few who bothered using a science slot on it on the KDF side.
Thats the issue with this bug. It should be a viable way to help break federation healing balls... however as it works now it is NOT. My carrier toon can hit a 30sec scramble 3, that is a VERY bad idea with this bug. I was using scramble 2 on my sci bop build... that is also a very very bad idea. Of course the fed teams can hit them with us all they want, it can be an effective skill if used properly. However the bug handicaps one faction that still runs at min 50% battle cloaking bops. One of the best things about a bop is being able to get to 15k and stop "running" as you can cloak wait a min and reengage. Of course thats not a great idea when the fed ball can see you for another 15 sec... or so. lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-01-2011, 02:57 PM
But is this a bug you make a federation player part of your side why shouldn't they be able to see you?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
But is this a bug you make a federation player part of your side why shouldn't they be able to see you?
There not part of your side or you would be able to heal them right ? lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
There not part of your side or you would be able to heal them right ? lol
?? When you are scrambled, your heals can jump to an enemy player....
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber42
Yes the scrambled persons can not the guy that scrambled them. The issue with the bug is... IF I scramble you, yes you can heal me... but If I as the guy that scrambled you cloaked you would still see me. Seems wrong to me... I don't think I'm taking the crazy pills today.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber42
no this only works if you are the scramblee not the scrambler. If you are the scrambler you are unaffected and do not heal the people you scrambled. They can heal you because they are scrambled. However when the scrambler cloaks he can be seen. This should not happen as you have not put these players on your team when you scramble them you mearly make it harder for them to identify friend from foe, which is different.