Lt. Commander
people who make forum posts addressed to 'dstahl' are my pet peeve -- what distinguishes your post from every other opinion, just because you think 'dstahl' should pay attention to you?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-31-2010, 03:57 AM
I look at them like prayers. Except that, unlike prayers, there's actually addressed to someone you can be absolutely certain actually exists and therefore have a much higher probability of being answered.

That said, perhaps Q would be a better bet to pray to on the forums. Not only does he not exist, but he might actually respond.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbu_STO
people who make forum posts addressed to 'dstahl' are my pet peeve -- what distinguishes your post from every other opinion, just because you think 'dstahl' should pay attention to you?

QFI - Quoted for Irony...

Popcorn, anyone?

<holds up bowl of yummy, buttery popcorn>
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-31-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi

Popcorn, anyone?

<holds up bowl of yummy, buttery popcorn>
Not ironic, he didn't post to Dstahl. He just posted.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-31-2010, 04:06 AM
question..... is calling other people who make such threads narcissists a breach of the forum guideline?

i think it is.........

discuss.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-31-2010, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Beat me to it. I was going to go with a "Pot and Kettle" theme.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-31-2010, 06:17 AM
I agree, it's one thing to call for "devs", that's calling for a dev, any dev, and that's permissible, because sometimes.. It doesn't feel like formal Bug Reports or normal threads do the trick.

But thinking your particular gripe/suggestion is worthy of the attention of the Executive Producer..? Sorry, no.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-31-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
But thinking your particular gripe/suggestion is worthy of the attention of the Executive Producer..? Sorry, no.
Fortune favors the bold.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
QFT.

Not to mention the danger of an "arms race" with people who think they have to do likewise, otherwise their particular gripe/suggestion won't get read. Imagine if every thread in this forum would have this "prefix". Ugh.

I think the best course of action for Cryptic posters would be to just ignore such threads outright as to not contribute to this perception (perhaps they already do?). Either that, or do it like some other forums and implement a "no mention of the terms Cryptic and devs or employee names in your topics" rule.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
QFT.

Not to mention the danger of an "arms race" with people who think they have to do likewise, otherwise their particular gripe/suggestion won't get read. Imagine if every thread in this forum would have this "prefix". Ugh.

I think the best course of action for Cryptic posters would be to just ignore such threads outright as to not contribute to this perception (perhaps they already do?). Either that, or do it like some other forums and implement a "no mention of the terms Cryptic and devs or employee names in your topics" rule.
Exactly.

My philosophy is to post any ideas or issues I have with a descriptive title (no more no less) and I figure that the devs will see it if they see it, and if not then someone else will eventually suggest something similar, why worry?

Almost no good idea is ever had only once by one person.
Closed Thread