Lt. Commander
# 21
12-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Not this again. Please close this thread. I'm getting tired of this popping up and would appreciate moderators just killing these threads before they even get going.

Its not going to happen, thank goodness. Hell, that FACT is stickied at the top of the section this thread is posted in.

As far as MMORPG.com predicting anything goes; they do not work for Cryptic. Like the OP they are only voicing what will continue being unrequited wishful thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
Not this again. Please close this thread. I'm getting tired of this popping up and would appreciate moderators just killing these threads before they even get going.

Its not going to happen, thank goodness.

As far as MMORPG.com predicting anything goes; they do not work for Cryptic. Like the OP they are only voicing what will continue being unrequited wishful thinking.
I agree with everyone except the highlighted sentence. It definitely is going to happen, whether you like it or not. The reason is simple
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Every single writer at TenTonHammers.com and Mmorpg.com says that free to play is the wave of the future. STO could, and probably already is, making all kinds of money off the c-store. Many other MMOs use microtransactions exclusively.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorra
I would quit as well simply because of the kind of people it attracts which mostly consist of whinny teenagers sitting in their mothers basement and ruin the community.
I am not sure we could tell the difference. Isn't that how all MMOs worK?
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-31-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I agree with everyone except the highlighted sentence. It definitely is going to happen, whether you like it or not. The reason is simple

The man has spoken and he has not lied yet. He plays it straight.

Now I could see it happening in say, 7 to 10 years. but not now, not for the foreseeable future.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
The man has spoken and he has not lied yet. He plays it straight.

Now I could see it happening in say, 7 to 10 years. but not now, not for the foreseeable future.
LMAO!!!! No offense, but you are so niave. The post Dan made is a PRIME example of "corporate speak". It only has to be true the MOMENT its said, not later. He said there are not CURRENTLY any plans, but that can change the next day without his post being a lie. It only has to be true the moment its spoken. And since you apparently arent aware, there have been several interviews given since that post was made that are more and more suggestive that STO will follow CO's lead:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-to-play.aspx
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
IMO, the less people who judge others as inferior to themselves the better. You may think the "whinny teenagers" are bad for the community, but people who look down their noses are worse. At least the "whinny teenagers" grow up; people who are already grown and have a superiority complex dont tend to improve.

Fortunately you are wrong. CO has released the details for its F2P plan, and subbers do in fact get more than they currently do.
Yes as you seem to have just done your self god job at being a hypocrite. We all make judgments through life whether you want t admit it or you want to be a hypocrite and claim you never do. See the real world
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Yes as you seem to have just done your self god job at being a hypocrite.
That would make your post above "hypocrite x 2", and now mine "hypocrite x3", and so forth and so on in any future replies that follow
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
That would make your post above "hypocrite x 2", and now mine "hypocrite x3", and so forth and so on in any future replies that follow
Not really as i never claimed that I don't judge. That s a part of life and those who pretend they don't are lying to themselves. We judge every day such as " I cant stand people who judge others" which really means your judging some one because you don't like people who judge some one, which means you cant stand yourself. But I will let you have the last word so we don't derail the discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Not really as i never claimed that I don't judge. That s a part of life and those who pretend they don't are lying to themselves. We judge every day such as " I cant stand people who judge others" which really means your judging some one because you don't like people who judge some one, which means you cant stand yourself. But I will let you have the last word so we don't derail the discussion.
I didnt say "juding" people was the problem; I said judging people as INFERIOR to yourself is the undesirable quality. Personally, I dont think your "inferior" to me, I just hope you are able to not look down on people as much in the future.