Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Can't say that Ground PvP really peeks my interest that much anymore. These are some of the reasons why.

1.) Before Season 3, it really was about the better player. You had just enough time available to use all of your skills combined with kits etc. Now its about the team with the most rewards, no matter how bad they play, they still win. This is because when they are all running around shooting off Devidian Series weapons and throwing Cryo-grenades, where's all the skill gone? Really.

2.) There are three maps, that have been played to death. The same goes for space PvP where the repeditiveness of the maps is really frustrating.

- Flame Away, and tell me what a bad player I am, how I should move on, or better learn to use my skills.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-31-2010, 05:18 AM
The Devidian weapon only has 1 more DPS than an MK XI weapon and its secondary is arguably not that great (full-auto assault secondary is better I believe )
as for Cryyo grenades, I honestly have no input, as I've never even seen them used to know what it's lile.
The maps are indeed repetitive, but they will probably add new ones at some point.

I just wish more people played ground, PVEasy enemies are too easy to kill.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-31-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
The maps are indeed repetitive, but they will probably add new ones at some point.
If we keep asking for it, at some point they will. But we shouldn't take it as a given - Cryptic has to see a demand for something. Hurry over to the new Ask Cryptic thread and ask what they are working on.

Quote:
I just wish more people played ground, PVEasy enemies are too easy to kill.
... waiting for the "LoL, Ground PvP" posts. I just cannot say I enjoy ground combat. I think PvP is more enjoyable then PvE from what little I did, but ultimately, space is more fun. Until Cryptic fixes that (hopefully season 4), sorry...

I would also ask for a change to the skill system - dual spec, seperating ground and space skill points. I don't think I will level up a Ground PvP toon ever. This isn't Star Wars with light sabers, and it's not Shadowrun with manaballs and smartguns either. I just don't associate ground combat with Startrek. And if, it would involve more torn shirts, more phasers set to stun, and instant-death/stun effects.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Ground PvP is about how many engineers you have and how good are they at spamming trash mobs you have to tab target.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-01-2011, 10:52 AM
i hate cycling through all those flying drones and shield genertors, i just give up and charge in for rifle butting and batleth =) dont have to target that way
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-01-2011, 11:49 AM
i haven't done ground pvp since the spring/summer. i thought nobody did it. i queue but it never starts
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
Ground PvP is about how many engineers you have and how good are they at spamming trash mobs you have to tab target.
Bring a group of 5 engineers against a CHC group of 0 engineers and see who wins. Not true.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-03-2011, 12:26 AM
No, ground PvE (not unlike space PvP) is not about the better player.. It is about the better team.

Now if only is was interesting enough that more than 1-2 fleets did it.. But hey, I guess being number one fleet, isnt too bad if theres atleast two fleets, right?

:p
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
i haven't done ground pvp since the spring/summer. i thought nobody did it. i queue but it never starts
Thats because *very* few people do it.. Its simply not that interesting. Cryptic failed hard on that one
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaVG
Bring a group of 5 engineers against a CHC group of 0 engineers and see who wins. Not true.
lol ground.