Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
lol ground.
After 3 days and 6 hours, I can finally stop waiting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-03-2011, 06:06 AM
sorry but it is true ground pvp is all about engineers spamming toys which you end up targeting whilst the enemy shoot you. Cryptic really didnt think about that one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-03-2011, 03:39 PM
In my experience, equipment and skills are reasonably important, but the better player, and as mentioned, the better team have clear advantages, all else being equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHarnaman
sorry but it is true ground pvp is all about engineers spamming toys which you end up targeting whilst the enemy shoot you. Cryptic really didnt think about that one.
Well, if you take a moment or two before the match to bind targets to keys, you won't have to tab target or click target during that match, and might not even target eng spam at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
lol ground.
You, dear SIr, are my new hero.

lmao ... again

<3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaVG
Bring a group of 5 engineers against a CHC group of 0 engineers and see who wins. Not true.
LOL. That sounds good in a forum post but in reality when you couldn't target anyone due to all the ground spam you would leave....

edit: Especially with 5 imp drones flying around hitting players each for 500dmg per hit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
LOL. That sounds good in a forum post but in reality when you couldn't target anyone due to all the ground spam you would leave....

edit: Especially with 5 imp drones flying around hitting players each for 500dmg per hit.
Targeting the drones etc isnt a bad thing, you want to take them out and they are pretty easy to kill if the group uses aoes to clear throught them, then you have a 30-60 second window of no drones to deal with to take out the engineers. A team of tacs can demolish engineers ( tacs have a lot of spam too ) the most lacking profession in ground atm is sci. We (CHC) have gone against heavy eni teams many times and done very well, we have also in the past been very Engi heavy ourselves and been beaten. Cryo grenade is terrible imo especially since you can get it over and over again now, wasnt so bad before the replay was added. Individual and team skill are still better than the gear, and either way ground is the most even match up for pvp the game offers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
and either way ground is the most even match up for pvp the game offers.
And also the worst.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
Targeting the drones etc isnt a bad thing, you want to take them out and they are pretty easy to kill if the group uses aoes to clear throught them, then you have a 30-60 second window of no drones to deal with to take out the engineers. A team of tacs can demolish engineers ( tacs have a lot of spam too ) the most lacking profession in ground atm is sci. We (CHC) have gone against heavy eni teams many times and done very well, we have also in the past been very Engi heavy ourselves and been beaten. Cryo grenade is terrible imo especially since you can get it over and over again now, wasnt so bad before the replay was added. Individual and team skill are still better than the gear, and either way ground is the most even match up for pvp the game offers.
I dunno.. I've found Tac to be the most lackluster on the ground.


Engineers can do insane amounts of damage, create more effective ground spam, far more resilient, and overall much more annoying.

Sci Officers can hold and expose spam. I guess you could also toss in heals. lol.

If either of the above two get separated and a tac jumps them they have the advantage if the tac's first expose fails. They can also potentially tank for hours vs. the tac, Engineer can LoS with an imp drone and lol, Sci can again just hold and expose spam dead. etc.


They need to probably get rid of the Cryo nades on the ground. I saw that issue coming from a mile away.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
I dunno.. I've found Tac to be the most lackluster on the ground.


Engineers can do insane amounts of damage, create more effective ground spam, far more resilient, and overall much more annoying.

Sci Officers can hold and expose spam. I guess you could also toss in heals. lol.

If either of the above two get separated and a tac jumps them they have the advantage if the tac's first expose fails. They can also potentially tank for hours vs. the tac, Engineer can LoS with an imp drone and lol, Sci can again just hold and expose spam dead. etc.


They need to probably get rid of the Cryo nades on the ground. I saw that issue coming from a mile away.
Ninja, Its not about Damage. Its about spike damage. Something Eng do not have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
Ninja, Its not about Damage. Its about spike damage. Something Eng do not have.
Everyone has an exploit bro and it's real easy to expose. Can't get much more spikey then a good exploit.

It's also hard to spike someone when they LoS, have 200 mobs on the ground, +100 resists, and 5 Imp drones doing SPIKE damage. lol
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 AM.