Lt. Commander
# 1 Ferengi and Pakleds for KDF
12-10-2010, 08:54 PM
These Species I believe should be Cross Faction for this game because of how we know of them and their history within the franchise.

Sure we're in the middle of a war here. But I mean KDF pretty much has Open Door Policy like UFP.

So why not? It will give the KDF more species to play with and stuff like that?

Can I get a Hell Yeah?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2010, 09:43 PM
In the "path too" fiction, the Ferengi have allied themselves with the UPF. The Pakleds are just a horrible, horrible evil tick that the Devs played on STO....
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Not all ferengi could be up for the feddie thing, However the Pakleds could be cannon fodder.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-11-2010, 12:56 AM
A crafty Pakled that is particularly resistant to disruptor blasts could be very useful to the KDF, whether as cannon fodder, or as a "requistitions" officer(i.e. he steals supplies from our eniemies). I'm not su much for the Ferengi. Watch "House of Quark" (DS9). That is why Ferengi wouldn't work in the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Watch "House of Quark" (DS9). That is why Ferengi wouldn't work in the KDF.
Are you kidding? Ferengi would prevent dishonorable and cowardly houses from using finances to parlay the downfall of Houses in better Standing.

And, Ferengi are excellent at cost/benefit analysis, which would serve the Empire well. J'mPok would be wise to listen to a Ferengi when it comes to planning a campaign, after all, Klingons rarely retreat, even when it is the only proper course, and they are very likely to take the war to far if not reigned in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless
Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.
And besides, from a more IRL view, any race someone has shelled out extra money for should be cross-faction, even looking forward to the Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Thank you for agreeing with me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Are you kidding? Ferengi would prevent dishonorable and cowardly houses from using finances to parlay the downfall of Houses in better Standing.
Actually, I think it's the other way around. Nobody would use finances better than a Ferengi to conduct such dishonorable actions.

Well, maybe the Orions, as they are the Ferengi's greatest rivals, but those at least aren't as open about it.

... but seriously, I don't think the KDF needs any more races. Actually, we already have way too much. This isn't the United Empire of Planets. Some amount of faction style should be preserved.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Valias, you have the BoP Ornament too? I thought it was so old I would be the only one by now..
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
... but seriously, I don't think the KDF needs any more races. Actually, we already have way too much. This isn't the United Empire of Planets. Some amount of faction style should be preserved.
Liar! We need canoids - specifically we need the Children of San Tarah
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-12-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Valias, you have the BoP Ornament too? I thought it was so old I would be the only one by now..
The avatar? I pulled that one off Google.

I do have a little BoP, but he's probably too heavy to be hung from an xmas-tree, even if I'd have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Liar! We need canoids - specifically we need the Children of San Tarah
Meh ... well, better than Ferengi at least. And it would be funny to see them fighting Caitians. They should totally get a species bonus against each other.