Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-03-2011, 04:57 AM
Unless its a actual foul like Klings sittin out a match (yea you heard me right they didnt fight)

Or Feds warpin out of the instance because someone thinks we're OP.

Something like that. then I get mouthy. Then again bad sportsmanship is also smack talk. I generally dont say much of anything in a pug anyway as not many will listen to my experience, nor should they expect me to listen to thiers.

Trash talk aside, I do believe in an eye for an eye, you may lose this battle, but they'll be in another one soon. And when they are.........give em what they rightly deserve. A dishonorable death.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Cryptic should remove zone chat theres no need for it seems stupid why would you need the opposing team to see what your saying ? I suggest removing zone chat entirely then have a team or faction chat where only the people on your side can see what your saying. Would cut a lot of the trashy comments and deflate a few egos.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHarnaman
Cryptic should remove zone chat theres no need for it seems stupid why would you need the opposing team to see what your saying ? I suggest removing zone chat entirely then have a team or faction chat where only the people on your side can see what your saying. Would cut a lot of the trashy comments and deflate a few egos.
It wouldn't solve much, they would just whisper it...like the "best" trash talkers already do.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-03-2011, 05:24 AM
definition of (Tact)- Telling someone to go %#@%! themselves in such a fashion, that they not only look forward to the trip, but thank you for it.

Its a great skill to have in any PvP enviroment.......
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Anybody who is influenced into suicide from a comment at the outcome of a PvP match already possesed mental issues that neeeded to be addressed with therapy and should not be playing a game but seeking proffesional help.

To those whom say such things to said players in PvP. Shame on you! this isn't Eve. There are very few thickskinned pvp'ers here and such comments are not taken in the same vein of reference here.
Next time say it in Klingon and they won't have thier feeling hurt as easily.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHarnaman
I think we need to keep repeating the same suggestions that weren't very good the first time around. You can never promote a bad idea too much. Shout it from the roof tops! ^^
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Yep, PvP= nerdbullies
Im guilty...i would say things like "ur in violation of blaa,blaaa,blaa...then throw in a few disrupter/butt jokes, but never anything cold. i try to keep it to a joke and most klinks found it funny and we would chat a bit. But the main thing i look for are players hacking in PvP. I report that crap.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Accusing people of hacking is probably a bigger problem than the trash talking (unless the hacking accusations are part of the trash talk ). A lot of the things that look like hacking only look that way because the people "witnessing" the actions don't know what the heck they are talking about.

Case in point, just the other day someone was talking about the Beam Overload exploit that lets you use it twice in quick succession. People still don't understand simple mechanics like preloading a buff.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
What's really funny is that anonymous people on the internet will talk mad smack and claim that it's to 'psych the other guy out' or 'psychological warfare' or whatever other excuse they use. But oddly enough, at the few LAN parties I've been to, no one talks mad smack to their opponents that way.

Why do you think that is?

Why is it that anonymous internet people will talk mad smack to me, but dude standing in front of me won't? It can't be because I'm a big scary dude, because I ain't a big scary dude. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

So why won't they talk smack to my face? Why won't they use their 'psychological warfare' in person?

It's because they don't know me. They don't know what will happen if they do. But they do know that on the internet nothing will happen to them. And that's the real reason that they talk smack on the internet, because they can. Because they're too scared to talk to people like that in real life.

So just stop claiming that you're talking smack to psych the other guy out. You're talking smack on the internet because you're immature and you only have the courage to make other people mad when you're safe on the other side of that screen. Cause in real life you don't have the courage to talk to people like that.
I would talk smack in a LAN party- If i could cart my pc over to a LAN party- not that they are a big thing anymore in Australia.

haven't you ever started talking smack when you play online in older games such as goldeneye(N64)? you know- the parties where you only know maybe one or two people out of the 12-15 lining up for their shot at killing you?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I think we need to keep repeating the same suggestions that weren't very good the first time around. You can never promote a bad idea too much. Shout it from the roof tops! ^^
If they nerf CHAT, who's next you , me, BoB?:p