Lt. Commander
# 1 Seeking RP!
01-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Howdy folks!

Been playing STO since beta, and have been idly pondering seeking out some sort of light role-play recently. Not sure where to start since I have no experience with RP type activities, and dunno if I'm posting this in the right forum, but here goes.

I don't want to join an RP fleet, per se. I would, however, muchly appreciate it if one would let me pal around with them for awhile and watch? So I can figure out if it's something worth playing at?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Youa re welcome to tag along with me as I roleplay. Even alone, I am roleplaying.

It just so happens that my Captain is a merciless destroyer of the enemies of the Federation, purging the galaxy of the heathen, heretic, witch, and daemon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-01-2011, 06:35 PM
If you're wandering around social areas (space docks and planets), you'll eventually come across some RPers. They're around. You can just ask them in local if you can observe for a while. I did that once. It was quite informative. They spoke slowly and I figured they were triple checking everything being said and it's significance, wayyyy to much work for this guy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2011, 01:46 AM
I am still looking for an RP home, but I am looking for a bit of free RP without to much restrictions. RP in game for me is really just past time, I get my serious RP fix in pen and paper games.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2011, 01:50 AM
quarks bar in ds9 seems to be the home of role players. try to have a walk round there when its busy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Ive also been looking to start RPing in STO but havnt found a group thats on a lot to do it with
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-02-2011, 04:11 AM
my problem is most of the RP groups iether are mostly focused on writing ont he forums and/or weekly ingame events.

In game RP for me is somethign that is in game only and constant, did it like that in my WoW days we RPed constantly only skipping it when doing instances/raids/pvp. Before I left I was in a fleet or two that did osme RP and I created just RP things to do ont he spot and people enjoyed that, but I cannot keep that all up on my own.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Okay! Thanks for the replies everyone! if any of you who were looking for it too would wanna RP with me in-game, perchance, that would be nifty too. Send @Remissus a tell.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I too am after the odd bit of RP - nothing too heavy, over dramatic, just a bit of casual RPing with my character... hanging out in-character in social areas, perhaps the odd mission done in-character sort of thing. One or two of the RP fleets I've seen look a bit daunting... with the 'you must pass X amount of exams before we'll let you join in' type thing - not knocking that at all - it must be hard to keep out of the lunatics! But for me, I'd be after a more casual approach (but still respectful, well behaved etc)... if there was some sort of casual RP fleet out there, I might be interested...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-03-2011, 08:36 AM
We have some casual RP folks in our fleet. They are always looking for more people to interact with. Our department head is Drake (PVE/RP department). You're welcome to visit our site for more contact info and what we have going on.