Lt. Commander
# 11
01-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
I am still looking for an RP home, but I am looking for a bit of free RP without to much restrictions. RP in game for me is really just past time, I get my serious RP fix in pen and paper games.
Sounds like me in the 1970s playing D&D.......

Might be fun RPing in the game, but I'm finding STO more and more a single player game, with the option to sometimes work with others.
Maybe I should create a second character.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-03-2011, 09:12 AM
I may try this myself.....gotta get to DS9, it seems.....
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Recently came back and was poking my head around. I was a heavy RP'er at launch and then life sort of caught up with me (new job, moved states, time just flew by). Compared to the first four months, Quarks is pretty much dead. I was informed by an old friend that RP died when using ship bridges became more viable. At least public RP did, and the RP groups sort of went recluse. Which I understand, it was annoying to RP in QUarks and be constantly interfered with by anti-RP'ers. But the downside to doing private RP is you will never find new people and new people will never find you.

Curious if anyone still really RP's or if that phase of STO's life is gone.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I RP pretty regularly in-game. I met some really great roleplayers through the Subspace Radio channel. I play with these folks the most. Had a blast the other day roleplaying through some of the missions with one of my primary RP partners. The group I hang with is smallish, but we're always happy to have new players join in.

I've also gotten a few quality RP sessions in at DS9 and Drozana. Best part about RPing at Droz is that I get some good stories going with KDF players. Blurring the faction lines is always fun.

I will agree that the game is limited when it comes to RP, but it's nothing that a good imagination can't overcome, imo.

You guys are welcome to tag along with me, too. Usually when I am in-game I am in-character.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I enjoy a good RP experience when I can find it. Feel free to mail me at @FirestormMk3 and let me know when you normally play (be sure to include the timezone). If you want to take the trouble tell me what kind of RP experience you're looking for and/or your level so I can select which character would best facilitate our interaction.