Lt. Commander
Hello, I was interested in accruing MK XI ground gear for my Boffs. I tried a search but came up with nothing. Can any gurus out there tell me the best place to get MK XI ground drops?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Just shooting from the hip here, but try the B'Tran Cluster VA missions. Also, any mission that earns you emblems. The emblems can be used to purchase Mk XI items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Craft your own at Memory Alpha
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM
  • Crafting
  • Ortha Ground Warzone (also completes a daily; if you score in top few players, you get an item too)
  • B'tran Dailies
  • PvP Dailies
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2011, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick281 View Post
Hello, I was interested in accruing MK XI ground gear for my Boffs. I tried a search but came up with nothing. Can any gurus out there tell me the best place to get MK XI ground drops?
Probably the most efficient way with drops would be to hit an exploration zone and, whenever you get a ground combat mission against an easy opponent (romulans, mirror feds, etc), kill only 4 of the 5 groups and beam out.

Once you've got a sufficient number of those missions against the easier ground enemies stockpiled, then go to advanced or elite and run them repeatedly. Kill 4 groups, beam out, move on to the next, and so on, until the first one's map has reset and you can start it all over again.

Use a ship engine that has as many impulse bonuses as possible to cut down travel time. Mk XI or Mk XII, of course.

That said, from an efficiency standpoint, it'd be faster to farm emblems and samples with a 51 klingon doing the 2 Pi Canis Sorties. But those aren't drops And, of course, requires a 51 klingon.

Also worth noting that there's a mission in both the Devidian and Breen story arcs that will offer a Mk XI energy dampening or polyalloy armor as a reward. The Devidian one has +hp as one its two bonuses, the other a resist. Don't recall what the Breen story arc one was exactly, but also rare armor. And Cold Storage lets you pick up CRM 200s, which are an awesome weapon choice for BOffs you want armed with expose weaponry.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Doing the "Big Dig" FA always nets me lots of ground gear. Plus it also provides 3 emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Thank you for all the responses guys. I'm off to try The Big Dig and Otha Ground WZ. (Ixnay onway ethay Anb'tray, eliteway obsmay ucksay)
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I have had many ground and space drops from StarBase 24 Fleet Action, its my favorite!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Mission replay the Devidian and the Breen series....look at the rewards