Lt. Commander
I Just started playing this game but the game mission were very borning and the time it takes do complete all 4 or 5 parts of one mission took for ever and not worth only 60 or so exp mission seem to take way too long and not a fan of going in circals around a planen't

I cant get into the leveling in this game and mission too borning for me and too long for little exp making it even more borning and too long.

this game seem like it look fun but leveling and mission is making me not want to play and y after 5 days i dont plan on playing no more i got to Lieutenit commander rank 1 that took me 4 days thats way too long to me for how borning missions were....

I really like the custmise on your crew ship and your own toon i really like the upgrade skills thingy on ship and no ship loss i also really like the rank bage thingy and being able to rome around on your ship and how big it is.

any ways have lots of fun every one thout i would share this info too see if other feel the same and maybe the people that work on game will change it so mission are fun and give more exp 45 minute or so for one part of missions that has 4 or 3 other parts for only 32-60 exp just too long and the sever crash that makes it reset it self worrens it for me.......
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2011, 02:49 AM
It has taken me a long time to level up myself, but part of that is due to being at University too. To say some missions are long is one thing (personally i enjoy the length and story of pretty much all of them), but to say they are boring is quite the other. I also don't remember ever earning so little xp other than a completed Exploration hand in, yet completing 3/3 will likely grant you around 150 through each. Simply, are you sure you are playing the right type of game for yourself?
MMO's require player investment. You can't just automatically begin the game and jump straight to Admiral. I don't get why your xp is so low and then there is that worry of server crashes you say? I know of one in the last month that happened the other day. Everything else has been a projected maintenance and patches, with plenty of forewarning.
If you don't wish to play, that is up to you, and personally with how you've stated things, i don't feel MMO's are for you either. Time is a huge factor with this genre of gaming. If you are bored already, i don't hold much hope for that improving for you any time after.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-02-2011, 02:55 AM
People in general is complaining that it takes to short time to level up. You can hit the cap level within a week if you push it.

Each part of a mission usually grant you some SP and when you turn your mission in when you are done grants you a larger amount of SP. The patrol Vulcan sector mission that I guess you have already done gives you over 200 SP when you are done with the patrol in addition to the SP you get from completing each part of the patrol in addition to the SP you get from killing enemies. So I'm not sure where you get you figures from. Also the SP you get from the missions increase as you level.

If you want to hit the cap level with no effort then perhaps MMO isn't for you, no offence meant.
Lt. Commander
# 4 thanks every one =)
01-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Thanks like soso much every one for taking the time and replaying to post and being nice about it =)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Hey Samantha I know where your coming from having levelled 6 end game characters (3 vice admiral and 3 lt general) the start can be a pain certainly you dont tend to see any big exp until lt commander 6/7/8/9 but when your at lt 7 you can do the weekly missions whcih will give you nice exp. If you play non stop 24 hours a day you can push Vice Admiral or Lt Gen in a week but then playing 6 to 7 hourfs a day you will do it in 2 weeks and so on. Have you tried teaming up with someone to level ? the only thing thats kept me levelling with my last character was doing it with a fleet mate. Levelling can be lonely at times when youve only got AI for company. Hope you find whats best for you
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
If you want to hit the cap level with no effort then perhaps MMO isn't for you, no offence meant.
Actually, this is the MMO for him i fthat is what he wants.

One silly thing about STO is that, unlike other MMOs, the earliest levels are the slowest. In the first two tiers, you're short on BOff points and BOff ground powers, while your ship has limtied weapon slots and not many BOff powers either.

When you hit 21, it suddenly becomes a lot faster, especially in space. And from that point on, it continues to go faster.