Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 "Auction Lot Expired" Message
01-02-2011, 12:44 AM
would it be possible to alter this slightly

the sold message at least tells you what item has been sold but this message simply states that an item has been returned. I have 5 characters that I play on, that isn't really the most useful of messages as it doesn't tell me who I have to log on as and what item isn't sold.

alteration to the header to say the character name and then just a note in the message itself to state which item has been returned.

will allow for easier browsing of the message and also let me find which character i put stuff on the exchange with all those days ago

Darth
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
I have 5 characters that I play on, that isn't really the most useful of messages as it doesn't tell me who I have to log on as and what item isn't sold.
The item will be shown in the message. It isn't really required in the title.

As far as who you have to log onto... anyone. Any of your characters can get any other of your character's expired auction items. It's done by account, not character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
As far as who you have to log onto... anyone. Any of your characters can get any other of your character's expired auction items. It's done by account, not character.
Used to be like that, but something got changed. Now if I want my stuff back I need to be on the character that put it up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-02-2011, 03:33 AM
I agree, something needs to be changed.

Just a little note in the header or email itself to say which character it belongs to is needed. The system obviously tracks this information as the auction posting limit is per character not per account, so it knows which char the item belongs to.

I know you can pick the auction lot up from any of your chars but if you are trying to run them separately (tend to try and separate my KDF and Fed chars - they are at war, why would they help each other) and not knowing which one a returned lot belongs to is a pain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Why not just take the item with the current loaded character, then E-Mail it to the one you want to have it???

Why should Cryptic be responsible for delivery of goods to a specific Toon?

Personally I don't see the vastness of this problem, it is self solvable, isn't it??????
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Or Cryptic could just add the recipient in the header. "Bob@pewpewklink, your auction has expired".
I have the same issue, tho with auctions that sold. "Your auction sold". Ok, now which toon is now richer? Oh, I have to log them all and check. Neat. >_>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Why not just take the item with the current loaded character, then E-Mail it to the one you want to have it???

Why should Cryptic be responsible for delivery of goods to a specific Toon?

Personally I don't see the vastness of this problem, it is self solvable, isn't it??????
The game allows you to accept expired exchange lots from any toon? Very odd, it doesn't let me do that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
The game allows you to accept expired exchange lots from any toon? Very odd, it doesn't let me do that.
When I sent things to myself, and load another Toon, the items are there, so I load the Toon I want to have them to take from mail. I run 4 Feds, and 2 Klings, have seen items randomly between them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
When I sent things to myself, and load another Toon, the items are there, so I load the Toon I want to have them to take from mail. I run 4 Feds, and 2 Klings, have seen items randomly between them.
Yea I can send something to myself, or just to my @name and pick it up on any toon, but if my fed puts an item on the exchange, and it expires, my KDF can't see the item in the mail, only my fed can.

I used to be able to collect expired items from any toon. That's how my third toon made most of her money. ; reposting expired sales. A couple weeks ago that changed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
The item will be shown in the message. It isn't really required in the title.

As far as who you have to log onto... anyone. Any of your characters can get any other of your character's expired auction items. It's done by account, not character.
I am not sure this is the case anymore. I've had to log on to the character who has the expired auction in order to retrieve it.

Also, every time I see your name in a thread, I can't get that stupid "Happy Happy Joy Joy" Ren and Stimpy song out of my head. Thanks. LoL! :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 AM.