Lt. Commander
I'm truly fond of this item.

But I did notice you are only allocated one per character.

I assume this is to avoid imbalance issues with having multiple consoles of this type on one ship.

But I did notice there is no such limitation on the rest of the Borg set, you can have as many as you like.
Presumably because your ship can only have one of these items at any given time.
Therefore, I could collect as many Deflectors as I needed and distribute them amongst my actively used ships.

But what if you want one Assimilated console on each of your ships?

To support this scenerio, they should admend the allocation to 1 per ship, not one per character.

I'm uncertain if that can be implemented, but it would be interesting to have that option.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2011, 02:24 AM
I agree, that would be a more preferable route.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Unique Equip is needed for crafted items as well.

It is my belief that the reason the Aegis set is only 3 pieces, rather than 4, is because the lack of this functionality. If a crafter made one for himself and equipped it, it would be bound. And because of the unique nature, he would not be able to make another one for other people. Or potentially he could and get around unique that way.

But, yeah, we need a Unique Equip category, one that allows only 1 per ship, so we can get more consoles as well as weapons and devices.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Since you have to be in a certain place to change ships anyway, what's so hard about moving the console when you're there?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Well, not sure if one unique equip would be appropriate.

Granted, I didn't look at at most of the Devidian items before I stuffed them into storage, but the ones I did look at were the beam arrays.

You can have 1 Fore and 1 Aft Unique 1 Per array before you're blocked from getting more.
And then there's the Automated Plasma Turret console thing from Collectors or preorder, can't remember which one it was. That's also a Unique 1 Per.

So theorectically, if you were to use those 3 items in combination with the Assimilated Console, you'd have 4 Unique 1 Pers equipped.

Only being allocated 1 Unique equippable per ship would block the others if you chose to use them.

Please feel free to correct me if I've misread what you wrote.

Honestly, I'm tired of playing musical chairs with ship parts.
I just want it to be ready fitted to go as soon as I say "Make Current".
Even if it's quick, it's still a delay to equip the item in question, then disable the visuals as well, because doing a hotswap resets that feature.

And there's always the risk, slight though it is, that lag while doing this swap will cause you to lose the item being moved.
That did happen to me once, but fortunately it wasn't a valuable item. I was moving an item off a ship, the game froze momentarily and it slid off in "discard" space. The game waited for confirmation, didn't get it and flushed the item.

However, I do experience more lag generation while moving parts around my ships then at any other time.
Even more reason to avoid tinkering with the hotswapping.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
Please feel free to correct me if I've misread what you wrote.
Think you have. Unique Equip would be just like Unique, except instead of stopping you from getting more than one of an item, it stops you from equipping more than one of an item on a ship.

Now say that those borg console sand the phasers from replaying What's Old is New (think that's the right name) were Unique Equip. You could then own as many of each as you wanted, but a given ship could only have one equipped at a time.

It is exactly what you've asked for, just I've attached a name to it

And, of course, added an additional gameplay reason as to why it is necessary.

Quote:
Since you have to be in a certain place to change ships anyway, what's so hard about moving the console when you're there?
It is just a minor annoyance that could be avoided. It also saves further hassle from having to dig up and place any powers that were granted by having that equipment on your hotkey bars.

And, far more importantly, such a mechanic is necessary so that we can have things that go in multiple slots (like consoles, weapons, and devices) in crafted sets. Without it, a crafter cannot use one and still be able to craft for others.