Lt. Commander
I did a little googling and decided to check this thing out. I read up about it and what it was going to be. Another STF. WOOT.

But I would love to know why it was scrapped. Fighting Augments is hella cool and is a nice change from Borg/Undine.

Why was this scrapped?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2011, 03:45 AM
I don't remember all the specifics, but it was a combo of at least these things:

Gozer left (he'd been the one working on the STFS)
They decided to work more on the Klingons
They decided to work more on solo content anyone could do
They decided to work more on bug fixes, and other features

Now that Gozer is back, I believe he said this STF will be coming, and the others will get bug fixes, and open to 3 man teams...
Lt. Commander
# 3 T5 Connie refit and Kzinti
01-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Not the only thing that disappeared. I was mostly because the driving force behind it was team leader before Dan Stahl. The game needs more STFs but I see people being able to make them with the Foundry in time just like regular missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Not the only thing that disappeared. I was mostly because the driving force behind it was team leader before Dan Stahl. The game needs more STFs but I see people being able to make them with the Foundry in time just like regular missions.
Kiryah42 has the right of it. STFs have nothing to do with Dstahl or Zinc. They had to do with the fact that Gozer was the one making them, and he left the company for a bit. As far as the Kzinti, CBS vetoed that over rights issues, not Cryptic. Dstahl asked. CBS said no. As for the TOS T5 Constitution, it was on the list and then removed from the list. Could be because of CBS, or could be due to fan backlash. I know I raised a stink about it, and I was not the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Now Gozer is back, I believe he is actually working on a couple of them after reading his return thread thing a few months back.

I just cant wait to access the Mutara Nebula