Lt. Commander
Spent a few hours doing the Cure last night. Took a while to get the rythm of it (I guess we shouldn't have tried it with a team of 5 that had never actually finished it before). All of the minor annoyances aside (I hate clearing out the generator areas of multiple elites if you fail), the thing that really got me about the mission was that after we finished the ground portion the "Eliminate the Borg Threat" portion of the mission wouldn't complete. Has anyone else run into this? The GM said to submit a bug ticket, so I'm guessing its not a part of the mission that we missed, but I could be wrong. I normally don't mind little glitches and bugs (some missions like the war zones have been glitched since Beta), but this one really irritated me, because you had to run through the whole thing which took a signficiant amount of time, before finding out it was an issue. Anyone know how to avoid this or is it just "luck" of the draw?

Thanks,
-A-
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
There is a kill counter in this STF.
Have you bypassed a few groups?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-02-2011, 10:29 PM
I'll comment because my fleet had this same "problem" errr...you could say we did. We weren't trying to beat it one day last week. We spent literally 8 hours in the mission trying different attacks and positions to snipe from. Even tried ninja dancing the mission. We managed to get all the klingons and samples without killing a single group. We even managed to get the shields down with minimal fighting and the back up generators. We even killed armek. The one exception was the same thing your stating now. What we did then was run back and kill all patrols.....that didnt work. We went back again and killed all the noded groups and then it worked. We assume the noded groups around the klingons are all you need to fight. Skip walking patrols and then just get the gates down. I also think it was more to the toon of "Weaken the borg threat", however, don't quote me since I cant find our conversation about it in the end. I know the reason this objective is in the game was before people would climb the mountains and bypass all the borgs. Cryptic made it an objective you had to kill some.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Better then me, i completeed everything and when i exit into space my mish log tells me that i haven't even started the stf lol. but it only happenes to me while all my teammate completed theirs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMLiew View Post
Better then me, i completeed everything and when i exit into space my mish log tells me that i haven't even started the stf lol. but it only happenes to me while all my teammate completed theirs.
Hmmmm....it happend to me once during infected in the queens room. I bumped the wrong key and my screen when down and wouldn/t come up. I crashed the game and while I was rebooting they killed rebecca. It stated I hadn't done any of the mission up to that point. I dropped the mission and was slightly miffed but we run it enough I wasn't worried. Did you have any problems beaming down or in transition? Or loose connection?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-03-2011, 01:35 AM
I had the same problem(just me from the whole group) but after waiting 5-10 mins I was able to beam out and join the others in the space battle.Few hours later in KA a player from the group(not me this time) got stuck on the previous map before the final space battle,we all beamed out and went back and another 1 got stuck(always the group leader),we finished it with 4 players but the 1 outside got his borg shield too.

This was on my KDF char,on my fed chars I will just use the aegis set(5 hours of wiping and replacing team members at the 4 generators in the cure was far from fun) we had all space specs and just the group leader knew what we are supposed to do in these STFs(he completed them on this fed char).3 hours in infected,7-8 hours in the cure and around 6 in KA.I need at least a half year break before I will go back into 1 of these STFs.

edit:and we encountered some kind of bug at the cure boss too,he just stood there and we couldnt pull him(I dont know how we killed it,all I remember is that I kited the whole borg army around the map a half hour long lol)
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorrlan
I had the same problem(just me from the whole group) but after waiting 5-10 mins I was able to beam out and join the others in the space battle.Few hours later in KA a player from the group(not me this time) got stuck on the previous map before the final space battle,we all beamed out and went back and another 1 got stuck(always the group leader),we finished it with 4 players but the 1 outside got his borg shield too.
Stuck on the top of the map or didn't hit the follow donatra button? If you fail to follow I don't think it allows X number of players to continue you. Even if you reset the game knows one person didnt want to follow.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
Stuck on the top of the map or didn't hit the follow donatra button? If you fail to follow I don't think it allows X number of players to continue you. Even if you reset the game knows one person didnt want to follow.
I dont know what happened there,as I remember he said that he got no dialoge like us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-03-2011, 01:54 AM
One bug I've heard of but never seen, is when you beam out, it is possible to get stuck at the top of the space map and not move at all. Your team has to continue on. The other one is not a bug, but the box pops up for you to follow and if you arent careful you can get stuck there for not hitting the right button. Could be a bug or something else isnt registering with the server.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks, this is good to know. We had skipped a bunch of groups along the way. Went back and ran it again a day later and killed everything in sight. Took a bit longer, but we got through the whole thing and got credit for it. Just wish they would make the mission objective was a little more clear and/or be a little more helpful when you ask a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Blackman
There is a kill counter in this STF.
Have you bypassed a few groups?