Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Fleet Provision Tokens
08-25-2012, 06:27 AM
Would it be possible to create a fleet provision token for fleet leaders to give to its members as rewards (Like Give certificates) that could be used in the fleet store to buy a fleet item. That way if that person does not have fleet credits they can still receive the fleet item as a prize (Like the fleet equipment or buffs). The token could be purchasable by the fleet leader with their own dilithium and fleet credits and given to another member in the fleet roster.

I am not looking for a requisition or an inventory item. I was thinking more along the lines of a ship token that is used while leveling up (Maybe listed in assets by the fleet credits and mark). Also maybe different tiers of tokens depending on item. To avoid exploits I was also thinking this token disappear if the play leaves the fleet so it cannot be used in another fleet.

One of the advantages is so if you have a member in your fleet who is doing other fleet activities (Like podcast/website management or contests) it can give them a small incentive.

Last edited by robdmc; 08-25-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-25-2012, 07:24 AM
I like this idea, it is out fleet, we should be able to decide what value certain fleet activities have.
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I could see the possibility of abuse and exploits, but I do like the idea. You can reward people with fleet ship modules, but those aren't cheap, at least this way you can give them something without having to buy something like that, plus, maybe not everyone wants a fleet ship, OR, maybe the fleet is focusing on engineering and/or science more.

Anyways, I think it should be an item, which would be automatically given to the player chosen and bound to their account. It should have a set price though on how much it would cost. Like 'X dilithium and Y fleet credits to use 1 Z provision'. It'd be more than the normal item would cost though, so you couldn't get a 'discount' on something.

So maybe a ground provision would cost 10k FCs, 5k dilithium, and take one Engineering personal provision. In turn, that person who got it would choose any one ground armor or weapon for themselves.

I say bound to account, so that way a toon they have who may have just leveled up, or not have as much to donate, or needs the equipment, whatever other reason, can get a good fleet item without having to make that character donate things they really don't have.

Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-26-2012, 07:51 AM
I was also thinking that if you also have a few kinda active fleet member who could be shown the benefits of the starbase they might be a bit more excited about it. Kinda like a free sample. From what I've seen a lot of fleets usually have a few key contributes. Those people usually have more fleet credits then they will ever use and usually need a way to get others to take on the load.