Lt. Commander
# 11
01-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm a Master Crafter im Making Aegis Sets 3mill per set or 1.2mill per piece
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-02-2011, 12:35 PM
This seems odd to me... maybe I'm just an old guy that does everything for himself and doesn't mind putting in the time needed to actually earn something or the ability to craft them myself or get out and farm my own supplies.

I think players that try and buy these sets are doing themselves a dis-service but that's my opinion. I'm not part of the "Must Have it Now so I'll Just Buy It" group. I guess this is the same group that complains about lack of anything to do... Good Grief Charlie Brown... Why not just play the Game and earn your gear yourself?

Of course I maxed my crafting long-ago when you couldn't just buy everything from a vendor. I also had and still have a big supply of all crafting supplies and both of the new item sets because I earned them the hard way. If you bought these I have no respect for you taking the easy way out. In my opinion, you should actually have to play the game and make these items for yourself or your alts.. I guess my age is showing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
With how much these particle traces go for on the exchange, and how useless EC's are at max level, I don't find them overpriced. When I wanted the Aegis set, I just went into a star cluster, and spent an hour scanning. I sold what I scanned, and easily bought the full aegis set, and about 5 bank tabs for my fleet bank.

1.2 million might sound like a lot, but this isn't WoW. IIt's STO, where money falls out of the sky and there's nothing to spend it on.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
This seems odd to me... maybe I'm just an old guy that does everything for himself and doesn't mind putting in the time needed to actually earn something or the ability to craft them myself or get out and farm my own supplies.

I think players that try and buy these sets are doing themselves a dis-service but that's my opinion. I'm not part of the "Must Have it Now so I'll Just Buy It" group. I guess this is the same group that complains about lack of anything to do... Good Grief Charlie Brown... Why not just play the Game and earn your gear yourself?

Of course I maxed my crafting long-ago when you couldn't just buy everything from a vendor. I also had and still have a big supply of all crafting supplies and both of the new item sets because I earned them the hard way. If you bought these I have no respect for you taking the easy way out. In my opinion, you should actually have to play the game and make these items for yourself or your alts.. I guess my age is showing.
As a old guy, I sold a ton of saved crafting mats. Sold them for 18 million, bought the whole set for 6 mill, got a BOF with BO3 for 5 million, and a human BOF with Supior creativity, leadership, and teamwork, for 2 mil to be my new healer. Already at 1600 R&D (1500 after conversion and crafted up), I "play'd the game and came out ahead. That's not disservice and I play the game. With a bank still full of materials, I'm making a fortune on everything I find while "playing".

At what point am I not playing and earning the gear?

It's not like a Fed officer that can play the market is any different from a Fed that kills 5 groups almost every mission.

One more time, I'll make it simple. I'm playing the game, could craft the items myself, but my advanced Starfllet degrees showed me I could sell and buy at a better rate. Why is that the easy way? Seems like age didn't hold me back.:p
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Well... Obviously you have a brain and can do arithmetic. You obviously do not belong to the "have to have it now" club. Playing the market to your advantage has very good merit...

I'm sure my buddies in the Banking Guild appreciate you buying from their stock of BO3 BO's. Being able to choose what works to your own advantage is to be commended and having done the hard work pays off for those that play this game.

However, my remarks were more directed to the OP and his potential clients than to those of us that actually earn our gear and have many choices available to us.

I would tend to believe that the OP was trying to scam people... He says he can't even make them yet.. how silly is that? Sounds strange to me - Give me the all the materials needed and I'll press the button for you? I would guess he just beams right out of MA or DC's then drops his toon after mailing them to his alt.

Any Decent Fleet has a Crafter on staff that will happily help out a fellow fleet member for no charge and help with material procurement as well.

I SAY - GIVER BEWARE - nothing is free... Giving up enough materials for a full set is significant at this time and I BELIEVE it would be unwise to trust anyone you do not have a long-time relationship with.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-02-2011, 03:12 PM
lolz

'Free Aegis Sets'!

Just bring your own materials.

It's free.

I swear! :p

Minor correction though, Superlink: Aegis equipment is for Admiral/General characters, not Captains. You can't equip them until 41.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Heh.. I will make them for free too.. Promise.. Just give me the anomalies and Ill make them for you

On a sidenote, I did make a shield for a random guy I met.. He gave me whatever samples/traces he had (like 100 random oranges - 2 Anyon and a Beta-Tac trace) and I made the shield and gave him the samples needed for the Deflector and Engine.. I didnt have traces to make those.

IE: He gave me 3 traces, and around 100 samples of the right kind, and I gave him a Aegis shield + 2x60 samples back.

Like people say, money is worthless in this game.. Kindness is worth so much more.. So why not just be a cool person and help where you can, instead of going all greedy-needy?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
i\
However, my remarks were more directed to the OP and his potential clients than to those of us that actually earn our gear and have many choices available to us.
Well that makes sense. You are not a noob (at least on the forums) so considering the OP......

You have seen his usual posts? I originally was going to post how lame his thread was compared to his usual.

At the risk of a infraction Superlink1=Super entertainment. Comedy Gold!

Give me the mats and I'll sell them and buy you the set, you get the set I get extra money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
"When you do a favor, do not expect a reward, should you expect a reward, it is not a favor."
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Like people say, money is worthless in this game.. Kindness is worth so much more.. So why not just be a cool person and help where you can, instead of going all greedy-needy?
Quoted for the EVER-LOVIN' TRUTH.
Lt. Commander
# 20 Aegis
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
can i pls have some Aegis stuff it is so over prised on the exchange and i have no crafting points

Closed Thread