Lt. Commander
# 21
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
This seems odd to me... maybe I'm just an old guy that does everything for himself and doesn't mind putting in the time needed to actually earn something or the ability to craft them myself or get out and farm my own supplies.

I think players that try and buy these sets are doing themselves a dis-service but that's my opinion. I'm not part of the "Must Have it Now so I'll Just Buy It" group. I guess this is the same group that complains about lack of anything to do... Good Grief Charlie Brown... Why not just play the Game and earn your gear yourself?

Of course I maxed my crafting long-ago when you couldn't just buy everything from a vendor. I also had and still have a big supply of all crafting supplies and both of the new item sets because I earned them the hard way. If you bought these I have no respect for you taking the easy way out. In my opinion, you should actually have to play the game and make these items for yourself or your alts.. I guess my age is showing.
Quote:
Well... Obviously you have a brain and can do arithmetic. You obviously do not belong to the "have to have it now" club. Playing the market to your advantage has very good merit...

I'm sure my buddies in the Banking Guild appreciate you buying from their stock of BO3 BO's. Being able to choose what works to your own advantage is to be commended and having done the hard work pays off for those that play this game.

However, my remarks were more directed to the OP and his potential clients than to those of us that actually earn our gear and have many choices available to us.

I would tend to believe that the OP was trying to scam people... He says he can't even make them yet.. how silly is that? Sounds strange to me - Give me the all the materials needed and I'll press the button for you? I would guess he just beams right out of MA or DC's then drops his toon after mailing them to his alt.

Any Decent Fleet has a Crafter on staff that will happily help out a fellow fleet member for no charge and help with material procurement as well.

I SAY - GIVER BEWARE - nothing is free... Giving up enough materials for a full set is significant at this time and I BELIEVE it would be unwise to trust anyone you do not have a long-time relationship with.
Sir, i'm no fool. i do seriously meant what i said. like they say, "A Fool who follows Rules Blindly can be shot in back for not even thinking what kinds of choices that comes with the VERY nature of Mission, should you Question the Mission first"
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
Sir, i'm no fool. i do seriously meant what i said. like they say, "A Fool who follows Rules Blindly can be shot in back for not even thinking what kinds of choices that comes with the VERY nature of Mission, should you Question the Mission first"

Yes you are. A fool and his money is soon parted.

I would debate who the fool is, in this case.

Maybe all the Ladies who love the "Niquette" can explain this. Seriously, you even read what you reply too?

At this point,Tourettes could not even be a excuse. I do love your threads, I just hope I can post like these. Maybe you need to spam more and change your avatar to a late night talk show host. Then we can have serious conversations about your merits.

As a last dig, serious is this,

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=194532

Need I dig up more?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-02-2011, 08:01 PM
It's true getting money in the game is no problem. If you don't have literally millions by the time you hit VA then you must have just been vendoring all the dropped gear you got. Even then you should still have saved up a lot.

I've never understood people who claimed the exchange was out of control. The only time I ever had any trouble affording things was when I was at low levels, and then I could just get what I needed by doing exploration missions. If you can't afford the stuff on the exchange the fact is it doesn't matter because you can get gear that is more or less equivalent for nothing by getting badges.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Also having Aegis gear isn't that important. You can always just get the Borg gear instead. If you don't PvP the Aegis gear is completely unnecessary. If you do PvP, I assume you'll be savvy enough to be able to afford it or find some way to get it.

The particles are going for a lot on the exchange, but the reason for that is farming for them sucks. The prices are an incentive for you to get them yourself. If you still don't want to, then that just goes to show the particles are not overpriced, because even with that strong financial incentive you refuse to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
WOW Maina... I guess stranger things exist but I've never seen anything come close to that post you put up for our amusement... I really don't feel so bad now after seeing another glaring example of our american education system hard at work. You might think that someone with writing aspirations might first try and learn how to actually create something readable or that actually makes any sense at all.

i think you hit the nail on the head and the ball out of the park... much thanks.

As for the OP... I suspect some form of disability or handicap one way or the other, official or not, medical or self-induced. Just not really sure what to make of it. But one thing is for sure... i would avoid all in-game contact of any sort and would advise against anything involving trust.

My Mind has been BlownApart !
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't mind putting the effort into crafting. Cost me multiple millions and lots of time gathering materials. I did it for myself anyways, so I don't actually expect to make credits off this.

I also craft for free, but I do expect the person I'm crafting for to supply the proper materials.

Unless they're fleetmates. I don't mind helping friends out.

As for the effort spent, I am ambivalent. On the one side, it was boring work, the effort provided no entertainment value, so why would I want to subject that to someone who didn't want to?

For another, I did find it rewarding when I did get to a point where I could craft that high end material.

So the way I see it, if a person doesn't want to put the effort into crafting, that's their business. Provide the goods, I'll provide the expertise. But I would recommend trying it yourself for that same rewarding experience of having to put all that effort into doing it yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Quote:

As for the OP... I suspect some form of disability or handicap one way or the other, official or not, medical or self-induced. Just not really sure what to make of it. But one thing is for sure... i would avoid all in-game contact of any sort and would advise against anything involving trust.
i'm Deaf, so i'm diffrent from other Deafs because i type like that way.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Well... at least I got something right in this post... mystery solved... much thanx for the info...
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Free Aegis Sets!!! wooohooo send some of that my way! I will train LVL 3 Engineering skills for no cost!
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Well... at least I got something right in this post... mystery solved... much thanx for the info...
np........
Closed Thread