Lt. Commander
# 1 STO Christmas Stocking Empty?
12-30-2010, 03:59 AM
So to show appreciation for the player community's continued financial support of STO with its limited cookie cutter pvp. Cryptic gives us what for Christmas ? A big 20% discount at the C-Store ? Am I the only one who noticed this. I have played MMOs since before Ultima Online was split into Feluccia and Trammel. Never before have I ever played a game where there was such a lack of appreciation from the game staff toward the players while trying to bleed every penny they can from subscribers. Cryptic must be where all the SOE game staff went after SWG tanked.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-30-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkeda View Post
Cryptic must be where all the SOE game staff went after SWG tanked.
ha ha ha ha ha ha sorry im still laughing....ha ha ha ha
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Want, want, want. Oh i feel so hard done by. I ate loads of food, had my family and friends over for Christmas, got lots of presents and money, yet Cyptic ruined everything because they are so mean. Oh my dear God...
So you didn't get something for Christmas from a company you pay to play their said products. I didn't get anything from Microsoft either other than discount deals of the day running over a period of 12 days. My Bank didn't even give me any warning that i was so nearly over drawn, despite being a student and my next terms loan is incoming. Even the shop i use regularly didn't even give me a present either. Not even a piece of gum. What is this world coming to? Wait, let me guess, you are going to quit over this because of it...
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Green I dont care what goes on in your personel life. Noone said Christmas was ruined except you hero. I have an idea for you. Read my post again then try to comprehend the meaning through the pot smoke and come up with an intellegent reply next time. This will help you to NOT come off as an idiot
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-30-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Green I dont care what goes on in your personel life. Noone said Christmas was ruined except you hero. I have an idea for you. Read my post again then try to comprehend the meaning through the pot smoke and come up with an intellegent reply next time. This will help you to NOT come off as an idiot
The idiot is in the eye of the beholder i feel. The fact you assume far too much about what a company should and shouldn't do for you, especially during a certain time of year speaks volumes. Like i said...want, want, want. I think the lack of appreciation is from someone who expects something, and opposed to someone that is pleasantly surprised when something happens. Now i don't remember anything from my first year of Wow back in 2005, yet nowadays we have plenty of bonus crap under the Azeroth trees. Give Cyptic time to develop and in a few years, if we don't get anything more than a lump of coal, i may readdress my post. But for now, i'll leave you wanting and expecting so much more.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-30-2010, 04:49 AM
As a business owner I tend to give my clients a small gift of gratitude during the holidays. Perhaps thats why my business is expanding even in this economy.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-30-2010, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Leave me wanting and expecting more from you? You must have me confused with your spouse.
As a business owner I tend to give my clients a small gift of gratitude during the holidays. Perhaps thats why my business is expanding even in this economy. I will make another assuption though. I bet you know absolutly nothing about running a business or keeping clients happy. That is why you will always be a surf.
Wow, you keep such a lovely mentality of getting in those little jibs don't you. Get over yourself and have a little common decency. I'm a student and the only running of a business or keeping clients happy is being a bar supervisor. Yet with how you seem to love picking a people, you do remind me of a few previous bosses.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
I agree with Green, its not Cryptic's obligation to give you a christmas present.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacd View Post
I agree with Green, its not Cryptic's obligation to give you a christmas present.
And I agree with gmacd, who in turn agrees with Green... Not only are you out of line with your little baby 'rant', but if you are indeed old enough to own your own business... I would hate to work for you. You seem to have the maturity level of an 11 year old... maybe 12.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
So to show appreciation for the player community's continued financial support of STO with its limited cookie cutter pvp. Cryptic gives us what for Christmas ? A big 20% discount at the C-Store ? Am I the only one who noticed this. I have played MMOs since before Ultima Online was split into Feluccia and Trammel. Never before have I ever played a game where there was such a lack of appreciation from the game staff toward the players while trying to bleed every penny they can from subscribers. Cryptic must be where all the SOE game staff went after SWG tanked.
I must assume you were spoiled as a child, as to calling someone a idiot or that all they will amount to is a surf (latter posts), you sir are the only one coming off as a IDIOT in this thread and a bit needy as well.......