Lt. Commander
# 1 I didn't buy that stuff
12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I've just changed the costume of a female BO in game and discovered I have the use of the Seven of Nine costume and the Counselor Troi uniform. Thing is, I didn't buy them.

I'm wondering why I can access them, is it a bug?
Anyone else able to use uniforms they didn't buy?

I know, strange to hear someone complaining about getting something they didn't pay for, but I dunno if I'm gonna get in trouble for this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I guessed it would only be a temporary glitch and I was right. Although I actually decided to add and save one of the rank pins to my character but it does not appear on my character now, so I am glad I didn't start saving the changes I made to the outfits.

I noticed a heap of stuff and merrily spent about half an hour adding new outfits to my characters (but never saving them for fear of losing my character altogether if Cryptic realised what had happened). But as I say, good job I didn't add and save anything other than a new rank pin because it has gone from my character althogether now.

I played with Seven of Nine, Troi and T'Pol outfits as well as DS9, TNG and a load of other stuff in there like an array of rank pins like Chief and Jr Lt which I thought was excellent. It actually allowed me to play around with stuff and see if any of it I wanted to buy... which as it turns out I didn't. Maybe the T'Pol outfit, but the rest of it I certainly wouldn't want to pay for, so the whole adventure was quite useful in the end.

Just to note, this happened to me at the Tailor at Earth Spacedock and I think it was on Saturday.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2010, 12:32 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM
I have the T'Pol uniform, but not the Troi uniform, available on my account, and I know I didn't buy that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I've got the Troi uniform in my account and the TOS alternate universe. I purchased neither. I tried to add a piece of one to a BOff, and got an error message. The uniforms showed up after I made a C-Store purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 12:20 AM
This code....its like....ancient sanskrit!.......lets see if this works.....well sorta does.....upload it, we have enough brown nosers on the forums to cover us.

Whats next on the agenda?

Well sir we have the bugged deferi missions , we have the bugged ground combat maps, we have the server disconnect issue , oh! and we have an idea for a new escape pod graphic for the federation side ships

Hmmmm, ok lets work on the pods. I want to see something we can upload in 72 hours. don't worry if it doesn't work , we will have weeks to fix it once it's in game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Got it here aswell.
Actually convinced me to buy the Troi pack for the shoes.

Soooooo much better shoes than the... Erm freakfeets that 7of9 pack came with. *has nightmares*
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
I have the T'Pol uniform, but not the Troi uniform, available on my account, and I know I didn't buy that.
Hmm. The T'Pol uniform is part of the Enterprise set, IIRC. I could see someone getting this "accidentally", e.g. him not remembering that he bought it as part of a package. But the counselor troi uniform seems a clearer case...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-04-2011, 03:31 PM
I had this happen too, I thought they had made a change so you could see how the C-Store items looked on your officers in a effort to get you to buy them.