Lt. Commander
# 101
02-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Well, I hear she is from Scarsdale!

:p
lol- no she's not.
You wouldn't happen to have pictures would you?

Thanks Nagorak- the software works.
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
It's been too long since I've reviewed some Monty Python.

I'll have to look that one up again.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
It's been too long since I've reviewed some Monty Python.

I'll have to look that one up again.
One of the many Flying Circus sketches.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-22-2011, 10:06 AM
I recently reviewed the "Crunchy Frog" bit for a friend.

Very Funny!

"They wouldn't be crunchy then!"

And OP, this program is Awesome, although in practice I appear to be doing something to make the advise not work as well for me in battle.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I recently reviewed the "Crunchy Frog" bit for a friend.

Very Funny!

"They wouldn't be crunchy then!"

And OP, this program is Awesome, although in practice I appear to be doing something to make the advise not work as well for me in battle.
Our product is made from the finest Lark's vomit covered in a succulent rich dark chocolate.......
classic MP.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-22-2011, 09:41 PM
"Spring Surprise" is my favorite!
Lt. Commander
# 107 Normalized?
02-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Excuse me Lord Nagorak, Oh Keeper of the Weapons Knowledge... Do you have any idea/can you then explain what the new "Normalize" Tooltip tag on damage/healing is all about?

Edit: Floor is open to anyone who can explain this to me...
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Excuse me Lord Nagorak, Oh Keeper of the Weapons Knowledge... Do you have any idea/can you then explain what the new "Normalize" Tooltip tag on damage/healing is all about?

Edit: Floor is open to anyone who can explain this to me...
I was wondering myself, but my thinking is it just means that is what is displayed with no skill bonuses. For example you'll notice that the info in the weapon information will not match your powers/tooltip info, because that includes the impact of skill bonuses. In that way the damage presented in the weapon info is "normalized" since it would be shown as the same to everyone, regardless of their skills/consoles/etc. That is what I've surmised, but there's no guarantee that I'm correct.

That said, it does seem kind of pointless adding that sort of clarification text without providing any insight into what it actually means.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-24-2011, 10:42 PM
why would anyone need to calculate ship dps? too many variables, too many combination of abilities to use and devices like weapon power batteries and aux power batteries...

simply put just keep weapons to max use eps transfer and you will pump out dps. might not be as high as others but dps is dps.

whether you live to do more or less dps is another story....

dead men do no dps
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-25-2011, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomikey111
why would anyone need to calculate ship dps? too many variables, too many combination of abilities to use and devices like weapon power batteries and aux power batteries...

simply put just keep weapons to max use eps transfer and you will pump out dps. might not be as high as others but dps is dps.

whether you live to do more or less dps is another story....

dead men do no dps
Well, I guess you won't need the program then.

But the fact there are a lot of abilities, skills, etc, is kind of the point. The program is designed so you can see the trade-offs between different setups. The numbers will never 100% reflect in-game results, because it doesn't take into account getting stunned, your target moving out of the firing arc, etc, but in ideal circumstances you can see how different configurations will compare to one another.

And the results can be somewhat enlightening. For example, you'll often find that giving up one beam array from a 7-8 beam broadside doesn't lower your side DPS much, so it may be worth dropping one to take a torpedo or mine launcher. I guess the main reason to use the program is to get a sense of what is actually happening, so you can figure out whether things are working the way you'd like, or whether you want to change things up.
Closed Thread