Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
actaully can i just get my typhoon..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
01-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
For as long as it looks like the PC Gamer magazine cover, that's what matters.
The PC Gamer cover one is actually the challenge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
01-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansler
Calling it the "Open Jacket Uniform" can be a bit confusing I think since whenever I read that I keep imagining Picard's jacket that he had for a while. I have an idea however, it may not catch on but I propose we call it the "Fan Service" uniform.
I can dig it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Pretty much this. We work in technology. So, it's best to plan for every occurrence. This includes the possibility that delays can and will happen.

What could cause such a delay?
  • The person designing the missions could contract Klingon Targ flu and be out for a week. Leaving someone else to pick up and carry the mission forward.
  • An unexpected bug may be introduced at the last moment, which requires us to push the release back a touch to fix it, otherwise, it may go live, and you would not be happy with the state it's in.
  • Skynet could come online. We do have contingencies in effect just in case, but, it means a slight delay in our release windows.
  • Much as we try to keep Q out of the server rooms, sometimes he does get in there and cause some mischief. It's hard to protect sensitive data and equipment from an Omniscient Omnipotent being.

So, when I say that delay's might happen, it's not because we';re planning on delaying something. It's because in the world of technology, things go wrong sometimes.

Thanks,

Stormshade

You gotta love how our Developers and Community Managers love their trek as much as we do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
01-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Feature Episode Series 3 Starts this month! (featuring the ROMULANS)

Am I right?

I spoke with the Orion Girl in the Aenigma Anomaly (?) and she had a message from the future for me about Romulans (remember last time it was about the Breen? hint hint)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
01-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Feature Episode Series 3 Starts this month! (featuring the ROMULANS)

Am I right?

I spoke with the Orion Girl in the Aenigma Anomaly (?) and she had a message from the future for me about Romulans (remember last time it was about the Breen? hint hint)
You are correct and the force is with you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
01-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Not to steal stormshade's thunder... but now that I'm back among the living I can shed some light on what's going on.

While I don't have specific dates to share, I can show you what I have on my January Calendar:
  • Decision whether to turn Foundry on Holodeck or wait till next Foundry Update
  • Feature Episode Series 3 Starts this month! (featuring the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)
  • All Good Things Uniforms
  • Vulcan Player Ship
  • Prep for 1 year Anniversay on Feb 2
  • Prep for 400 day vet rewards Feb 19

We've also started work on Season 4 features as well as a few new surprises which I'll get to once I finally get to the Engineering Report.

Btw... Star Trek is doing great! Welcome to all the new players!
Right now on Tribble the Foundry is at Version 0.3...I'd wait until it's at Version 1.0 :p

In seriousness once the various basic issues get sorted out the only thing I'd like to see is maybe have the ability to client-side save missions or export from tribble and import onto live because some of us have put a lot of time into missions...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
01-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Not to steal stormshade's thunder... but now that I'm back among the living I can shed some light on what's going on.

While I don't have specific dates to share, I can show you what I have on my January Calendar:
  • Decision whether to turn Foundry on Holodeck or wait till next Foundry Update
  • Feature Episode Series 3 Starts this month! (featuring the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)
  • All Good Things Uniforms
  • Vulcan Player Ship
  • Prep for 1 year Anniversay on Feb 2
  • Prep for 400 day vet rewards Feb 19

We've also started work on Season 4 features as well as a few new surprises which I'll get to once I finally get to the Engineering Report.

Btw... Star Trek is doing great! Welcome to all the new players!
Glad to see your back on deck. "Klingon Targ flu" can ready knock you around.

ps. Just wet my pants when I saw 'All Good Things Uniforms'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Glad to see your back on deck. "Klingon Targ flu" can ready knock you around.

ps. Just wet my pants when I saw 'All Good Things Uniforms'
I too was excited when I saw the uniform. I was seriously hoping that it would be out in Dec so I could treat myself for x-mas. Here's hoping it's actually released in Jan and that it's sooner rather than later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
01-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
dammit... now i have to kill tier 5 vulcans
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 PM.