Lt. Commander
# 11
01-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus_Penguin View Post
The Devs also indicated the new set of weekly episodes was to premiere in January. If the calendar is not updated soon I would suspect this will get pushed out to February.
true. given the current update to S3, the work they are still doing on the foundry, and other projects, i would venture this the case.

however, i must say i have been very pleased with how well STO has improved over the past year. bumps for sure, but i have made several new toons as of late and find i am reading more about the missions, the planet pop-ups are great to read, and i try to take my time.

hell, its been over 6 months since i have done an stf...i just dont like my current high level players, so i am replacing them with up and coming new ones.

ok, most of that was off topic...my bad.

i say dont worry about the calender. it only a reference for most people here to start a flame war if times are not met anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
The Devs also indicated the new set of weekly episodes was to premiere in January. If the calendar is not updated soon I would suspect this will get pushed out to February.
Suspect or assume? :p

Yes things are a bit behind on the announcements and calender, but lets think about why. We just came back from Christmas and New Years week. So this month we have weeklies kicking off again and potentially UGC. Oh and what is next month? The one year anniversary of STO's launch. I am going to go out on a limb here and say January is going to be a very busy month for the Dev team.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
God I hope not. I mean, Season 3 is pretty awesome. But the fact is, the Foundry isnt live yet so there really wasnt much new content that was added. People are paying a monthly fee for a reason, so I hope they get the new content coming again soon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Suspect or assume? :p

Yes things are a bit behind on the announcements and calender, but lets think about why. We just came back from Christmas and New Years week. So this month we have weeklies kicking off again and potentially UGC. Oh and what is next month? The one year anniversary of STO's launch. I am going to go out on a limb here and say January is going to be a very busy month for the Dev team.
What does the 1 year anniversary have to do with them being busy unless they have something major planned for it? Have they said they do?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaT_Astrus_Mega View Post
I was checking out the Upcoming Events Calendar and noticed that there is nothing dated for January release?

Im probably not the first to ask this question, but when will that be updated with upcoming content/events?
It should be updated soon. I'll go poke Rekhan to make sure he's on top of it.,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gash-jackel View Post
Isn't the vulcan ship coming soon?
It sure is!

Quote:
I'm not going to say that won't happen. However, the plan is that the next weekly series will begin this month.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
It should be updated soon. I'll go poke Rekhan to make sure he's on top of it.,

It sure is!

I'm not going to say that won't happen. However, the plan is that the next weekly series will begin this month.

Thanks,

Stormshade
any hints on who the big bad guy is ?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
The calendar gets updated after the events take place. :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
What does the 1 year anniversary have to do with them being busy unless they have something major planned for it? Have they said they do?
At this point more experience fed dreams of the future. CO had a big anniversary bash, do you think STO would be left out? I hope not considering we don't get other holidays.

Thank you for the reply Stormie.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
That makes me sad. I mean, we already know the plan. So the only new information you just told us is that they may be delayed. We seriously need to stop calling these things "weekly" because its not even funny anymore. I know its the whole "tv show" deal and there are breaks between seasons, but in reality this is a game people are paying every month to play, not a TV show they just wait for.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
That makes me sad. I mean, we already know the plan. So the only new information you just told us is that they may be delayed. We seriously need to stop calling these things "weekly" because its not even funny anymore. I know its the whole "tv show" deal and there are breaks between seasons, but in reality this is a game people are paying every month to play, not a TV show they just wait for.
Unbelievable. You need to stop reading so much into things. All he did was to refuse to rule out a delay. Developers NEVER rule out a delay because if they did, they would be lying to your face, since unexpected issues crop up all of the time in software development and deployment.

Stormshade isn't a liar, so he didn't lie to you and promise there wouldn't be a delay.

He DID however, specifically tell you that they are still planning on releasing it this month, as scheduled.

Futhermore, we already know that a faster release schdule on these episodes would result in shorter, less polished missions, and as I recall, we were virtually unanimous in voting that spending time between series to create better episodes was the best plan, as long as the gap isn't TOO big.

And finally, this one was a special case due to the holidays and the huge amount of work needed to finish off Season 3 and the Foundry Beta.

No other MMO publishes actual content at this rate, anyway, so a little perspective to temper your eagerness for "more" would go a long way.