Lt. Commander
# 1 Account name
05-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Good morning,

When I created my account only 3 weeks ago, I wasnt too sure of everything and I just wanted to get the basics in place as I've played online brower games in the past and I presumed that details can be changed - as they can be in other games.

I created the account with the name USS_Evolutionary as I thougt that it was going to be my ship name, not account name. I've been asking on STO chat to everyone and most people havent spared the 30 seconds it takes to reply and I'm getting worried now and a little stressed now .

I would like to change my account name to Dracealious - to fit in with the species, crew and Biography I've created for my species. I've paid 30 gbp to download the game and also a 3 month subscription so I can save 150 to get a life time membership in August. I'm already a Lt Commader 7 and I've been playing the game all the time when I'm not working; I really dont want to have to delete the account just to get this minute detail changed.

As my name on the game is Evo, It also looks a bit stupid having an abbreviaton of my species name (and account name!) as my character name. I've really taken pride in this game as I've loved Star Trek my whole life. My father watched TNG from when I was 2 years old back in 1987 and this game is a dream come true for me.

I think the gameplays brilliant and the graphics are just breathtaking. I've looked through game reviews and I really think this game is a 9.5 /10 and I cant understand how the reviews havent done it justice. The game on the ground and in space is remarkable through and through and I've been telling all my family, friends and collegues about it, in the hope that they'll jjoin too and see for themsselves. I first heard of the game last July and since then I've been raring to go.

I was a member of my previous Game Darkorbit for 2 years and I got to position 296 of nearly 80,000 people on the GB. Since joining STO, I havent been on DO a single once. I honestly feel a bit guilty to leave the clan but I'm going to mak a video to show them for themselves too.

I do realise that this is not a normal request but honestly, the game means so much to me already and my fate is really in your hands. Please, please can I change this over on theis one single occasion? Maybe also if you could put a note on the account for your own benefit just to say not to grant anything else as this is the only request I'll ever have. Additionally, I have checked the username availability and it is still free so that wouldnt be a problem.

Deepest appologies and best regards,
Alan Smith (Evo)
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Please can a Moderator look at ths as I have been waiting 6 weeks now and still not had any replies, thanks
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2010, 01:10 PM
To be fair, that is an intimidating amount of text for the simple question of, can I change my @name. Attention spans being what they are, a shorter posting might of got more of a response.

Anyhow, im told it is possible to have your @name changed by customer service. Provided your @name is the same as your logon name. They allow this for additional account protection and security. And it needs to be stated to the CSRs as such or they will probably just give you the same default answer of no.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks. I've now contacted support.

Good hunting mate

Evo
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_EVOLUTIONARY View Post
I've paid 30 gbp to download the game and also a 3 month subscription so I can save 150 to get a life time membership in August.
Is this true? is lifetime cost = lifetime price - currently paid?

I don't think it is, but don't know
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
Is this true? is lifetime cost = lifetime price - currently paid?

I don't think it is, but don't know
Sorry, I meant that I would have to save the other money to be able t spend 150 as I didnt have it available at the time. I see it now cost nearly 200 so I'm still doing it on a 3 month rolling subscription.