Lt. Commander
# 11
01-04-2011, 02:57 AM
I might want to test this using Deep Space Nine and a Fighter Ship Group. But it's possible the rings are too small to contain fighters...
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-04-2011, 06:42 AM
I was putting ships into rocks essentially... I believe stations will not contain ships, but could be wrong...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
I was putting ships into rocks essentially... I believe stations will not contain ships, but could be wrong...
I don't think it's possible, unless you put a ship inside of an asteroid, inside of a larger space station.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-04-2011, 07:50 AM
as far as size goes... I tried using mines for ship costumes, but with the ship skin bug it would be hard to tell...
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
as far as size goes... I tried using mines for ship costumes, but with the ship skin bug it would be hard to tell...
That trick could be handy though. I wonder... If we change the costume of a battleship to a mine, could we put the mine inside something very small (or would the game still consider it the size of a battleship?). The smallest space rocks could at least fit inside the center of ds9.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-04-2011, 08:41 AM
that's what I was thinking... ship is mine... mine in rock... rock in station... maybe I'll go try this...
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
That trick could be handy though. I wonder... If we change the costume of a battleship to a mine, could we put the mine inside something very small (or would the game still consider it the size of a battleship?). The smallest space rocks could at least fit inside the center of ds9.
Hmm... I have bad experiences trying to turn a Sphere into a Cube or a Cube into a Tactical Cube - it still seems to respect only the original sizes. I suppose that means it dopends on whether a large ship can be stuck inside something smaller or not.

We could file this thread under "Useful ways to exploit all the things where Ker'rat fails."
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Hmm... I have bad experiences trying to turn a Sphere into a Cube or a Cube into a Tactical Cube - it still seems to respect only the original sizes. I suppose that means it dopends on whether a large ship can be stuck inside something smaller or not.

We could file this thread under "Useful ways to exploit all the things where Ker'rat fails."
LOL. I kind of doubt that we could trap a cube in a small rock, if the costumes don't really change the size of something. Thanks for the insight.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok... I've been playing with the DS-9 map and have so far managed to get 4 rocks located in the station and 4 ships to stay inside them... one in each pylon even with the main ring and one in center... battleships are too big... cruiser 2 seems to work well...

This was very tedious to get to work well... but I'm happy with the results... It CAN be done...

I will try to put some fighters in the ends of the plyon docking ports next...

Ok... fighters don't work... frigates - you get a pair and they work well... occasionally sticking out a little here or there... I have the rings rigged with 7 groups of 2 frigates and the upper and lower docking things have a pair of frigates in each one... the center section has a upper & lower cruiser 2 inside... wow... this thing has alot of firepower...

I'm really kinda proud... works easier each time... I'll make a mission out of it and get it published for you guys to see...
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Okey-dokey... I published a Demo mission featuring a fully armed DS-9 with some True Way Ships attacking it.

The mission gateway is Wolf-359 which will take you to the DS-9 map.

The mission is called:

DS-9 Defense

Only real trouble is the map limitation on number of allowed ships...