Lt. Commander
# 21
01-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Are you
A) a super-hot female
B) capably of magic powers, or
C) able to defy the laws of science at a whim?
A) Last time I checked yes.
B) I would like to see it as able to wield science in a way that appears like magic.
C) I start my morning by spitting on the third law of thermodynamics.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
internet meme time:

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Lt. Commander
# 23
01-04-2011, 10:24 AM
I remember long ago when chat hid a picture of herself in a .
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
Or an aberration in the Earth's Electromagnetic field caused by a Ravenstien and or Capulet weapon's test. These are the end times people.
Quote:
On bahalf of Ravenstein, I can neither confirm nor deny any weapons use.

Although I can confirm I was spooning out Ice-cream with a new ice-cream scoop.
I am not in a stage to be firing east yet. So far I am still testing west at the east.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Are you
A) a super-hot female
B) capably of magic powers, or
C) able to defy the laws of science at a whim?
A) Up for debate but somewhat
B) Can make red lights turn green by glaring angrily at them
C) Not yet. Working on solving this as we speak
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-04-2011, 10:57 AM
What's this about a hotness contest and red lights?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Hort's theory Part 3: Ravenstein is elected empress of the world to enforce new caps on fossil fuel use, and she is encouraged to bomb all who oppose her and the NWO!
For the record, I don't believe in the theory of human caused global warming. If you look back at the historical record you will see that every 400 years there is a temporary climate change trend where it seems that the Earth gets a little warmer and weather gets a little wonky. And the last such trend happened in the the early 1600s. Thus, if that trend continues the early 2000s is when the next such warming would occur. Which is now.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Well hort would personally rather be safe than sorry. The temperature hasn't gone up much yet, historically it trails a bit behind the CO2 levels. Now *those* are up quite a bit since the industrial revolution.

When I'm old, I'd rather look back and say, "gee, we should've gone ahead and kept burning fossil fuels, we would've saved some effort" instead of saying, "gee, we should've switched to renewable energy, we might have avoided the death of our species."
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not saying we shouldn't develop new energy sources. We really should. Eventually fossil fuels may run out and we will need something better then them to reach what I see as mankind's manifest destiny of interplanetary expansion. An infinitely renewable energy source would be a major step forward in bringing a modicum of peace to Earth as well.

But I am saying we shouldn't intentionally hobble ourselves for no good reason in the meantime.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I'm not saying we shouldn't develop new energy sources. We really should. Eventually fossil fuels may run out and we will need something better then them to reach what I see as mankind's manifest destiny of interplanetary expansion. An infinitely renewable energy source would be a major step forward in bringing a modicum of peace to Earth as well.

But I am saying we shouldn't intentionally hobble ourselves for no good reason in the meantime.
A (partially) easier solution would be to simply cut 10 to 20% of Earth's population. Without the requirements for electricity, food, consumables and space, we'd be much better off.