Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Ye Olde Text-Based RPG...
12-20-2010, 07:39 AM
You wake up in a padded room, the lights are out and the effects of a powerful sedative are wearing off, you feel slightly off balance as you begin to stand. After your eyes adjust to the poor lighting you notice your cell door is standing wide open, you cautiously move toward the threshold and peer into the hallway beyond..

The hallway is dark in either direction, from deeper inside the facility you hear the sound of foot steps, you begin to panic..

Options:
< W > Go West
< E > Go East
< I > Inventory
< D > Derail clever text-based RPG thread..

(Okay, the rules are simple... choose an option, type out what happens and leave 3-4 options for the next poster to choose from in order to continue the story)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-20-2010, 08:40 AM
< I > You look into your book bag and find a pair of scissors.

Grasping the handles the footsteps become louder. You are now face to face with...Hort.

< T > talk
< A > attack
< S > South
< W > West
< E > East
< I > Inventory
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-20-2010, 08:47 AM
< A > You attack the mirror with the scissors, dealing 12 damage. The mirror shatters, cursing you with bad luck and revealing a secret path North. You hear a distant laugh from the east.

< N > Go North
< W > Go West
< E > Go East
< I > Inventory
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-20-2010, 08:54 AM
<W> You head west down the hall and run into a dead end. You considered backtracking the way you came, but then you remember you *just* might have some dynamite in your inventory bag.

<B> Go back the way you came
<I> Check inventory for dynamite
<S> Do nothing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-20-2010, 10:03 AM
< I > You check your inventory for dynamite. You find 2 pieces of candy corn and a flask of whiskey. No dynamite.

< E > Go East
< I > Check Inventory again! You might have missed something
< M > Imagine you are in some place better
< V > Save Game
< P > Cast a spell
< A > Attack
< K > Use a skill
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-20-2010, 10:10 AM
< p > blows wall up but a bunch of gnomes start to chase you!

< R > run like mad
< F > face them
< I > look for something in your inventory
< P > punch them
< K > kick them
< S > cast a spell
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-20-2010, 10:11 AM
your computer has crashed and must be restarted.

<ESC>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-20-2010, 11:25 AM
<ESC> :: Good morning, Dave. ::

<pics> Browse photo directory.
<chat> Chat with Chat.
<sto> Play sto.
<email> Fill up raven and cappy's inboxes.
<rpg> Get back to the rpg that crashed your computer.
<hortpunch> Ignore everything and punch hort again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-20-2010, 11:28 AM
<sto>

My god, it's full of stars

<sub> Head to subway for a $5 footlong
<ref> Go into the refrigerator for month-old turkey day remains
<N> Walk to the creepy sounds and lights emanating from the nearby forest
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-20-2010, 11:46 AM
N

You walk towards the creepy forest. Really, you chose to do that instead of going to Subway? You are a nutter. Anyway, you find an Undefined Fantastic Object. It may guard secrets!

< N > Go North
< E > Go East
< W > Go West
< U > Go Up
< D > Get Down with your bad self!
< Get (item) > Pick Something up
< Talk > Start talking to yourself
< Talk (target) > Talk to something
< I > Check Inventory again! You might have missed something
< M > Imagine you are in some place better
< V > Save Game
< P > Cast a spell
< A > Attack
< K > Use a skill
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 PM.