Lt. Commander
I had a problem with one of my mission, Scavenger Mining. Unfortunately I made the mistake of "fixing" it myself, instead of reporting it so that the Devs could have a live example.

This is what happened:

At some point in editing the mission, I noticed that the editor would show me one of my dialogs was missing a costume and a text. I was looking through all popups and contact dialogs, and couldn't find anything.
Playing the mission lead to a popup with a content like {{ Untranslated }} (I think two of them in fact).

I suspected that maybe one of the dialgs I had done were broken in some way that I couldn't see and started deleting them one by one to see if that would fix the issue. Finally I discovered the following:

Between Mission Start and the first Map Transition, I had some popups. I deleted each popup. Upon deleting the last, an empty popup objective appeareted between the first map transition and the mission start. As I deleted this objective, the error about a missing costume and dialog was gone. I then recreated my original popups (Using Undo didn't work - the empty popup would reappear, and once I had gone back to restore one of my "real" popups, it would disappear, but the error would still display).

I think, but cannot verify this, that I have encountered a similar problem before, but I must have found and fixed the problem quicker this time. But I seem to remember having an earlier map with a mysterious dialog leading to an error message.

A problem with this error was that double-clicking on the editor warning did not lead to me a broken popup-dialog, just to the start of the mission. I suspect that might be related to the fact that the empty popup was invisible.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I suspect that this is something we'd need to see in its broken state.

Do you have any idea how you managed to accomplish this? I will also note that there's a bug where if you have a group of popups in a row, they will all display costume or text box errors if any one of them is missing that stuff. I hope my explanation makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
I suspect that this is something we'd need to see in its broken state.

Do you have any idea how you managed to accomplish this? I will also note that there's a bug where if you have a group of popups in a row, they will all display costume or text box errors if any one of them is missing that stuff. I hope my explanation makes sense.
I think I've seen that problem, too. But mine was different.

I wish I could tell you how it happened. Suddenly I noticed the error in my log and I can't tell how long it was t here, and I continued testing a while ignoring it for later. If's unfortuantely one of the problems that you'll probably only notice once it has already going on for a while.

Should I encounter it again, I can try to not change anything and post the mission name and id. And try to remember what I did.

I remember that I had some Complete All meta-objectives in that mission, and I know that things can go odd when you have that...