Lt. Commander
# 1 The Cure
01-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Why does the Cure have to be so hard, a group of us played for hours and still could not get the shield down the one with the four devices, man this mission sucks. There is no reason the mission has to be that hard to the point of giving up on it. Other than making some of the final missions to hard, which ruins the fun other than that the game is great. Please cut down the number of borg or make the elite not so elite. I know call me a wimp but I'm paying for this and I want to have fun with it.

Thanks anyway
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2011, 09:31 AM
They say they will "fix" the STF missions. What that means will just have to wait and see.And yeah i agree you are paying for this and they better start to listen to players when it comes to the Cure.They have been ignoring all the players on this issue now for a long time.With the little end game content and epic fail deserted fleet actions that STO has they better change the STF's so everyone can do them, as you said you are paying for this.

I wonder how many more complaints Cryptic will get on the forums before they change the mission.
2000 more ? As we told you devs before a 100 times , less trash mobs, more bosses and more spawn points FTW .
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 09:35 AM
What's worse? Try doing everthing right, fight you're way to the final boss, talk to the klingon in the back only to have the mission glitch/bug and not give you the que to beam up to you're ship...yeah...3 hours wasted. Killed the boss, no completion. Can we please get another solo option for the borg ship set...PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2011, 09:37 AM
There's nothing wrong with The Cure. Play it on Normal, get a team of people who know what they're doing, pull up one of the many walkthroughs on this site (preferably the non-aggro approach) and give it another go.

also, try joining a fleet that actively runs STFs. It makes all the difference playing with people who play the same missions all the time, which I can attest to
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
There's nothing wrong with The Cure. Play it on Normal, get a team of people who know what they're doing, pull up one of the many walkthroughs on this site (preferably the non-aggro approach) and give it another go.

also, try joining a fleet that actively runs STFs. It makes all the difference playing with people who play the same missions all the time, which I can attest to

THIS

I have run The cure alot in PUGS and not finisshed, i do a run with my fleet and its 1.5 - 2hours to clear
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I suggest you go to the forums and YouTube to find some strategies for tackling the mission. There is no reason that you shouldn't be able to complete it. But do be prepared for a long mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Honestly, people been asking for the STFs to be tweeked since 6 months ago. But when people stopped playing STFs til now, it was swept under the rug.

But really the issue now is replayability. After you get your Borg Set, Borg Sci BO, Borg Medical Kit and the various accolades, there just isn't any reason to play STFs anymore. Valor gear is obsolete, unless you do STFs, and certainly people arn't going to do the STFs for a mere 3 emblems.

This really puts a major dampener for future Federation players, for they will be like Klingon players in waiting hours upon hours til they get enough people for a group and then it's a matter of luck if the PuG is good enough to do the STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Nothing wrong with Cure, I imagine any problems you run into are down to the team you are on not knowing what they are doing. As stated above ^^ I recommend you do Cure with an experienced team.

Gozer, if your reading this, we need moooooore STF's (and fix terradome)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-04-2011, 09:58 AM
But I don't want to have try that hard to do an STF. I would like to be able go in with my friends and enjoy the story and the game without it being a frustrating fruitless effort. I think it should be A LOT easier on normal, and you only get the borg parts on elite, or something like that, to avoid exploits. Because I don't care about Borg parts. I simply want to be able to see all the content in the game! I was thrilled with the idea of "The children of Khan" I would be annoyed if I couldn't experience that mission because it was to hard for the casual group I normally run with.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
But I don't want to have try that hard to do an STF. I would like to be able go in with my friends and enjoy the story and the game without it being a frustrating fruitless effort. I think it should be A LOT easier on normal, and you only get the borg parts on elite, or something like that, to avoid exploits. Because I don't care about Borg parts. I simply want to be able to see all the content in the game! I was thrilled with the idea of "The children of Khan" I would be annoyed if I couldn't experience that mission because it was to hard for the casual group I normally run with.
Is this...ironic?

You can get the borg loot by completing the three STFs on Rear Admiral-Normal difficulty and the Undine Front mission "Assimilation" on any difficulty. If you've already completed "Assimilation," you can find it again by visiting the computer in your ready room, located on your ship's bridge.

edit: I'm going to go ahead and offer an invitation to people who are having difficulty with the STFs to join me for a run through of an STF of their choice. If enough people join, we'll put it to a vote. I can pull some people from my fleet to run through whatever you decide, I'm sure. PM me to set it up