Lt. Commander
# 11 the cure
01-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I agree you need a good group but really why does it have to be so hard with so many dornes and elites which takes your entier group to take down because the elites have some type of immune power let alone even getting to the boss. Its suppose to be fun not aggravating, without being a push over. Come on 5 players maxed out losing to packs of drones and impossible stupid devices with time limits while holding off worker drones with elite drones kicking the crap out of you while you try to revive your team mates and apply turrets or what ever power you have. I mean come on really thats to much.

I know say what you want go find a walkthrough find a group that has done the mission a thousand times but in reality you can't find these super guys who completed the mission a thousand times. It is up to ourselves to find a way through it. Oh I we were playing on normal I would hate to see it on advanced or elite level.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Our guys don't claim to be experts but, we finish Infected in about an hour, two and a half hours for Cure, and between two and a half and three for Khitomer.

It feels like the Borg have been improved somewhat in these missions as well, perhaps my own misconception. At any rate, a total of six hours is a bit much. The fact that a PUG has little or no chance to complete the latter two just adds to the argument.

Even in our fleet, where we have semi-regular runs of STFs, a lack of voice comms would probably make them next to impossible even though we're somewhat organized.

While, by it's nature and now the new prizes involved, an STF should NOT be a "walkthrough", they could desperately use some tweaking and playability adjusting.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I agree the generators in the cure should get a big nerf,it is easily the worst and hardest part of all STFs(it is the real PUG killer,everything else is doable).
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Daedelus
THIS

I have run The cure alot in PUGS and not finisshed, i do a run with my fleet and its 1.5 - 2hours to clear
I completed the cure too but this doesnt change the fact that the generators are unreasonable hard.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_Ramius
Why does the Cure have to be so hard, a group of us played for hours and still could not get the shield down the one with the four devices, man this mission sucks. There is no reason the mission has to be that hard to the point of giving up on it. Other than making some of the final missions to hard, which ruins the fun other than that the game is great. Please cut down the number of borg or make the elite not so elite. I know call me a wimp but I'm paying for this and I want to have fun with it.

Thanks anyway
search on youtube how to do this mission, it's not that hard, if you work together.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorrlan
I completed the cure too but this doesnt change the fact that the generators are unreasonable hard.
The problem is people are so used to have soloable missions, that they SUCk at actual group missions and having to use THERE BRAINS. Get over it, this game is easy enough.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto View Post
The problem is people are so used to have soloable missions, that they SUCk at actual group missions and having to use THERE BRAINS. Get over it, this game is easy enough.
The difference between you and me is that you think that completing the STFs was some kind of big accomplishment and you enjoy that the borg set is rare.Imo it was just a big torture(especially the 4 generator part in the cure) and I dont like to suffer in a computer game so I understand why others say what they say.

+everything gets easier with time in MMOs and the cure is not new.New content should be challenging(as I heard they are wokring on a new STF) and designed for players like you but the outdated content should be doable for the majority.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorrlan
+everything gets easier with time in MMOs and the cure is not new.New content should be challenging(as I heard they are wokring on a new STF) and designed for players like you but the outdated content should be doable for the majority.
yes, everything that can be accomplished should be dumbed down for the lowest common denominator.
Lt. Commander
# 19 only attack the worker drones
01-07-2011, 12:28 AM
If you setup 22.1 meters away from the transformers, and only attack/repel the worker drones away from the transformer, you don't typically have to fight any of the other borg because you are far enough away to not aggro them. Just find a position that is 22 meters away from the transformer and the node that beams in, and you should be all set.

Don't use drones with your engineer, don't use security teams with your tactical, and just keep repeling the workers away from the transformer...if it's getting out of control with the workers, whip out a Bat'leth and run down to repel the workers and just stay alive long enough to get the shield down.

If you are a Vice Admiral, use your Vice Admiral ground abilities to help with damage, shield regen, and health regen.

The grenade kit for a tactical captain makes it possible for 1 player to solo a transformer very easily, and with high density beam rifles and sniper rifles, you can knock the workers back long enough to keep the transformers up. Use a stun grenade when they are at the transformer, then a plasma grenade, and start sniping them to knock them back..then a photon grenade to knock them down, hit your Tactical Initiative to recharge all your grenades, and do the same attack with the next set of worker drons..stun..plasma......sniper shot once or twice...photon...sniper shot once or twice...it's not always about killing them, just keep them away.

We usually have a Tactical on transformer 1, an engineer and science captain on transformer 2, and then a single player on each of the other 2 transmitters on the last 2 gates you have to get through.

There are many ways to get through it, you just have to keep trying the right mix of attacks to keep the worker drones at bay.