Lt. Commander
When I first got the Wrath of Khan uniforms, I was disappointed that they were not a part of the default uniform selections because I wanted them to be available to be used as fleet uniforms. I soon got over it, though, and quickly forgot. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I was playing around with fleet uniforms and it occurred to me: If they're free in the C-Store, why are they in the C-Store at all? It seems like a waste all around. It keeps the parts from being used as fleet uniforms, keeps them from being available during character creation for first time players and is just a waste of space in the C-store display and the transactions are a waste of bandwidth.

Is there a rational / logical reason for them to be in the C-Store? Can they be migrated to the default uniform set?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
When I first got the Wrath of Khan uniforms, I was disappointed that they were not a part of the default uniform selections because I wanted them to be available to be used as fleet uniforms. I soon got over it, though, and quickly forgot. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I was playing around with fleet uniforms and it occurred to me: If they're free in the C-Store, why are they in the C-Store at all? It seems like a waste all around. It keeps the parts from being used as fleet uniforms, keeps them from being available during character creation for first time players and is just a waste of space in the C-store display and the transactions are a waste of bandwidth.

Is there a rational / logical reason for them to be in the C-Store? Can they be migrated to the default uniform set?
If you want to look cool/good, you have to buy from the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Yes but they are free so why would we need to even bother with the 'purchase' step
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deletham_Tomalak View Post
Yes but they are free so why would we need to even bother with the 'purchase' step
I actually didn't I got mine from entering the code for them, back before they hit the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure they want at least one free item on the C-Store to draw attention to the C-Store. Same reason we claim other rewards like lifer perks and such there.

They want to nudge us over towards the C-Store when we aren't spending money and the C-Store tech is also convenient for delivering some types of content.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2011, 11:51 AM
As I remember it was originally a c-store item for cryptic points but players found some kind of activation code on the internet and this code worked for every1 so cryptic made it free for all.I heard this after it became a free item.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorrlan
As I remember it was originally a c-store item for cryptic points but players found some kind of activation code on the internet and this code worked for every1 so cryptic made it free for all.I heard this after it became a free item.
The thing was that the TWoK uniform was supposed to be a promo with the Season Three TOS Blu-Ray set. Unfortunately, some idiot put the same code on every sheet, the code got leaked on the Internet, and soon everyone who knew about it got it for free.

I was one of the ones who bought the Blu-Ray set and put in the code "legally". It didn't really bother me that it essentially became "free" as I bought the set for the discs and not the uni.

The above is why it's free on the C-Store. If it wasn't for the blunder, it would most likely have cost the same as the other costume "packs".
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally these uniforms were a promotion item which could only be earned by redeeming a code in a set of DVDs/Blu-rays. The internet of course quickly found the code, and it became common knowledge how to get them. We simply added them to the C-store as a free item so new players who did not know about the code could gain access to them easier.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Originally these uniforms were a promotion item which could only be earned by redeeming a code in a set of DVDs/Blu-rays. The internet of course quickly found the code, and it became common knowledge how to get them. We simply added them to the C-store as a free item so new players who did not know about the code could gain access to them easier.

Thanks,

Stormshade
That is a rational reason; however, it is also illogical.

If one wants them to be accessed with greater ease, then make them a default uniform choice; that way they can be accessed from within the character creation window for new players.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
That is a rational reason; however, it is also illogical.

If one wants them to be accessed with greater ease, then make them a default uniform choice; that way they can be accessed from within the character creation window for new players.
Yup. . .
/10chars