Lt. Commander
# 11
01-04-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought they were a default uniform choice, I think I can get them at character creation and at the tailor as well and i never went to the C-store to pick them up
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm all for moving these into default uniforms, or at least allowing fleets to use them as their uniforms. Right now, fleets are unable to do so, because of their status as "unlockable."
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
I actually didn't I got mine from entering the code for them, back before they hit the C-store.
Same here.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I knew the TOS Uniform was a code giveaway, but I had no idea the WoK uniform was
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
They're fine as they are.

New person: Hmm... C-Store? whats this....

Browse.. browse.... hmm.. a free item? Neat! *Claim*

If it serves as a little intro to the C-Store for new players, all the better.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Originally these uniforms were a promotion item which could only be earned by redeeming a code in a set of DVDs/Blu-rays. The internet of course quickly found the code, and it became common knowledge how to get them. We simply added them to the C-store as a free item so new players who did not know about the code could gain access to them easier.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
That is a rational reason; however, it is also illogical.

If one wants them to be accessed with greater ease, then make them a default uniform choice; that way they can be accessed from within the character creation window for new players.
Maybe it's a way to help "train" new users to use the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Maybe it's a way to help "train" new users to use the C-Store.
It's actually a contractual thing. Since it's a promotional item, it needs to be in the C-store.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
It's actually a contractual thing. Since it's a promotional item, it needs to be in the C-store.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Huh. Well there ya go. That makes sense. Cool. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Ah! That is both rational and logical. Thank you.

Now, perhaps they can be made selectable for Fleet Uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
The thing was that the TWoK uniform was supposed to be a promo with the Season Three TOS Blu-Ray set. Unfortunately, some idiot put the same code on every sheet, the code got leaked on the Internet, and soon everyone who knew about it got it for free.

I was one of the ones who bought the Blu-Ray set and put in the code "legally". It didn't really bother me that it essentially became "free" as I bought the set for the discs and not the uni.

The above is why it's free on the C-Store. If it wasn't for the blunder, it would most likely have cost the same as the other costume "packs".
It wasn't just the season 3 blu-ray. I got my code in a Best of TNG DVD, with four good TNG episodes. My friend got his in a Best of TOS DVD, as well.