Lt. Commander
# 1 Exploration Missions
01-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm not really clear on the purpose of the exploration missions from Lt. Grall (sp?). I was wondering if you guys could help clear this up for me. As I understand stand it the exploration missions grant you exploration badges (or is it emblems?) that can be used as currency is that correct? Sorry I know that a very noobish question from a noob, but thanks indulging my ignorance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_person View Post
I'm not really clear on the purpose of the exploration missions from Lt. Grall (sp?). I was wondering if you guys could help clear this up for me. As I understand stand it the exploration missions grant you exploration badges (or is it emblems?) that can be used as currency is that correct? Sorry I know that a very noobish question from a noob, but thanks indulging my ignorance.
Correct, you do the explore the cluster misson turn it in and get exploration currency. As you level up you go to new level appropriate clusters and get a new level based currency.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_person View Post
The exploration missions by Gral are reward you with Badges wihch can be redeemed for equipment whiich is bit betteer quality wise then most drops you cn get. Exploration sectors in general are places to pick up random missions to do. They are generally short randomly generated missions. Some of the random missions will be of the Diplomatic variiety if you are working on your Dipolmacy skill. I tend to run them when I'm a few bars short of a level. I like to be the level of story and patrol missions. Those sectors also have anomaly data node which you can harvest for crafting. Do enough Exloration missions in a sectors will get your can accolade if you go for that sort of things ('gotta collect them all'(
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
The exploration missions by Gral are reward you with Badges wihch can be redeemed for equipment whiich is bit betteer quality wise then most drops you cn get. Exploration sectors in general are places to pick up random missions to do. They are generally short randomly generated missions. Some of the random missions will be of the Diplomatic variiety if you are working on your Dipolmacy skill. I tend to run them when I'm a few bars short of a level. I like to be the level of story and patrol missions. Those sectors also have anomaly data node which you can harvest for crafting. Do enough Exloration missions in a sectors will get your can accolade if you go for that sort of things ('gotta collect them all'(
Thanks for the info guys. Like you Fuz I like to roughly keep the same level as the main quests so I'll keep that in mind. I've been doing the enemy contacts for that but if I'm alone on the map it doesn't always have a happy ending. The exploration sounds like a much better option for a number or reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
you fly into an Exploration sector (like Delta Volanis, Afehir Nebula, etc). While flying around, sector space style, you'll get popups that say Spacial Anomaly.

Sometimes it's just a scan mini game (which gives you samples for crafting), other times it's "Explore Unknown System". Do 3 of the "Unknown System" to complete the quest and earn yourself 75 Exploration Badges. These can be spent either at the 2nd floor shipyard, or the center of Earth space dock.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2011, 10:35 AM
And the badges I have left over from earlier explorations I just trade in for stuff and then sell the stuff for energy credits. Comes in handy for the Exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Be careful on some of the items you buy for badges as, some equipment is bind on pickup--meaning the moment it enters your inventory it can't be sold. <edit> er sold to other players on the exchange. You can still sell it to vendors.