Lt. Commander
# 1 STOked Episode 64 is up!
01-04-2011, 01:44 PM
STOked episode 64 is now up and available for your viewing pleasure:

Quote:
Welcome to 2011! Looks like STOked aren’t the only ones that took the holidays off… with barely any new content or ground-breaking news, we’ve decided to feature a bit of the community’s outlook on some recent features: Aegis/Borg Sets, the Garumba C-Store ship, and more responses to the continued development of the Foundry.

Then we’ll go over some highlights from Dan Stahl’s recent interview on Trek Radio, and share the winner of our community-submitted UGC mission contest — complete with EPIC TRAILER! You can’t miss this!

Check it out here: Episode 64

As always, feel free to join the discussion at Jupiter Colony

Or check out Jupiter Force, the offical Fleet of STOked at Jupiter Force
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2011, 02:20 PM
been there, seen it, loved it

O and your late
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Been over, watched it, commented.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Good job as always
01-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I enjoyed the show and missed it when it wasn't there last week. I'm especially glad that Jeremy and Chris spoke for the community about how badly marketing (they didn't name them specifically but that's who they were talking about) has handled the community. Since I know the devs (hopefully including marketing) watch the show I hope they take the feedback given and improve how they handle future c-store purchases.

Great stuff on the Foundry and I hope they end up devoting a segment to Foundry reviews each week so that more great missions get the attention they deserve. I plan to play the best reviewed missions first but I don't want to miss other great stuff just because the same 10 missions might stay at the top of the list. I think they should also keep a list on their site of all the missions they recommend over time so that people have a great one-stop place to find a bunch of quality missions. One of the bigger problems I foresee with the Foundry is how to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Oh, and thanks to Jeremy for volunteering to script doctor some missions that might be really great but need spellcheck and some improvement in the story. I hope that decision doesn't come to bite you really hard in the butt J-man.

Keep up the good work guys.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Yet another excellent and entertaining episode.

I'm still hoping that someone will get Bryan to re-up his subscription, try STO again, and then come on STOked again to do a re-review.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I'm still hoping that someone will get Bryan to re-up his subscription, try STO again, and then come on STOked again to do a re-review.
Would you enjoy it even it was a 10-minute vitriole-laced rant? Bryan is not an MMO fan in general, and quickly lost interest in STO after release. I'm pretty sure his review would not be kind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borticus View Post
Would you enjoy it even it was a 10-minute vitriole-laced rant? Bryan is not an MMO fan in general, and quickly lost interest in STO after release. I'm pretty sure his review would not be kind.
what about if you held him at gun point ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
If he was being intelligent and honest about it - yes.

I don't want his review to be kind, I want it to be stingingly honest. Mostly because I know that most of the STO devs watch STOked. If all we ever hear is how great we are then what motivation do we have to work hard, change and improve? Criticism of our work helps us to improve it.

Besides, if it was a one-time, ten-minute long thing, I'm sure it'd be very entertaining. Which is, after all, the name of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
I'd rather Bryan focus on Beer is Tasty and LAS.

He's awesome in those ones.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-04-2011, 05:09 PM
To be honest I've been toying with the idea of asking him on for our 100th episode. And was thinking by then there could be a good selection fo Foundry episodes to choose from, and get his take on where the game has come since he last looked at it.

I'll ask him and see what he thinks, thanks for the feedback folks!
-Chris