Lt. Commander
# 21
01-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrim View Post
Definately NOT the first time STOked has been critical of the game...

They do a great job of being constructive, however...
True indeed. I find their criticisms of STO/Cryptic to be on point as well as constructive.

Good episode and enjoyed the fan trailer! I imagine you'll get inundated with requests to make more from other foundry scribes now. :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Listening Now. I always enjoy the show
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-05-2011, 02:08 PM
I just watched #64, I do enjoy Stoked but boy is that Jeremy full of himself. Jeremy: "send me your UGC scripts and I will make then better." What an ego.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
good Episode guys.

I do have to call Shenanigans on you guys though, re: the Garumba part.

You said that you are "not seeing" the ships being available in game as well as on the Store. You said they did it for the VA Defiant, Galaxy, Interpid, and then no more.

And well that isn't true.

C-Store ships:

TOS Connie: Pre-order bonus
A Bunch of alternate Fed RA costumes/pieces - C-Store only
Galaxy X - Referral Program
RA Excelsior (only lower level avail in game)
RA nebula (Available in game)
Klingon Vor'cha refit (available in game)
Klingon Vorcha skin (C-Store only)
Kar'fi Carrier - Available for token
Klingon B'Rel for lvl 51 - Available for token, extra token given
Gorn ship for lvl 51 - Available for token, extra token given
Orion Ship for lvl 51 - Available for token, extra token given
NX-01 - Starter ship - C-Store only

So between the Galaxy X and the Garumba, only 2 ships and those ship skins are C-Store only. The Excelsior was BEFORE they decided to strive to make them available in game (and was probably the catalyst for the effort to begin with) The Nx-01 would be hard to have as an unlock for newbies because... you're in that rank for like a day. And the costume is a costume, and all of those are C-Store things.

So I think REALLY only the Excelsior and now the Garumba are "breaking" that rule. And since Stormshade is working on getting the Garumba into the referral program, and adding an alternative for the Excelsior AFTER lots of people bought it would be.... dishonest... I don't think you guys had much of a point there.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahterra View Post
I just watched #64, I do enjoy Stoked but boy is that Jeremy full of himself. Jeremy: "send me your UGC scripts and I will make then better." What an ego.
He's been writing their show notes for quite some time.
He writes songs for the local band that he also sings with.
He writes articles for Ten Ton Hammer.

At no point did I see him claiming to be Shakespeare reincarnated. He was simply offering to help people with their script IF they want said help.

Realizing that he may be a better writer than some people and offering to help. Yeah, that's really a show of ego alright. Gimme a break.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-05-2011, 02:23 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahterra View Post
If you were to watch it again you may see the cloud of smug forming above his head.
I watched it again and I think you're right. He is a smug jerk! I can't see why either, because he certainly has no reason to be.

Oh, that reminds me. Did you see the episode of Jupiter At Night where Jeremy opened the Christmas present that had been sent to him by his fans?

What did your fans get you for Christmas?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
On a personal note, I was very intrigued with Jeremy's offer to go over Foundry-scripts... are you seriously going to try that, Jeremy?
Yep.

So far I've only gotten a handful of submissions, and should be able to go over them this Friday. If I start getting too many, I'll shut the flood gates. But for now, the offer stands.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Woo!

I'm now an Inter-webs famous crafter! Thanks for the mention guys that was nice of ya.

By the way if anyone in the community reading this needs Aegis sets crafted all they need to do is send me mats in game and I'll craft them as a community service and mail them back in approx 24 hours...I just enjoy crafting :p I'm sick like that I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
good Episode guys.

I do have to call Shenanigans on you guys though, re: the Garumba part.

You said that you are "not seeing" the ships being available in game as well as on the Store. You said they did it for the VA Defiant, Galaxy, Interpid, and then no more.

And well that isn't true.

C-Store ships:

TOS Connie: Pre-order bonus
A Bunch of alternate Fed RA costumes/pieces - C-Store only
Galaxy X - Referral Program
RA Excelsior (only lower level avail in game)
RA nebula (Available in game)
Klingon Vor'cha refit (available in game)
Klingon Vorcha skin (C-Store only)
Kar'fi Carrier - Available for token
Klingon B'Rel for lvl 51 - Available for token, extra token given
Gorn ship for lvl 51 - Available for token, extra token given
Orion Ship for lvl 51 - Available for token, extra token given
NX-01 - Starter ship - C-Store only

So between the Galaxy X and the Garumba, only 2 ships and those ship skins are C-Store only. The Excelsior was BEFORE they decided to strive to make them available in game (and was probably the catalyst for the effort to begin with) The Nx-01 would be hard to have as an unlock for newbies because... you're in that rank for like a day. And the costume is a costume, and all of those are C-Store things.

So I think REALLY only the Excelsior and now the Garumba are "breaking" that rule. And since Stormshade is working on getting the Garumba into the referral program, and adding an alternative for the Excelsior AFTER lots of people bought it would be.... dishonest... I don't think you guys had much of a point there.
I kinda took that to mean something such as The Advanced Heavy at RA (Refit Excelsior) isn't available for in-game currency only it's lesser Commander version is available in game, unlike the VA ships and the Nebula both of which have purchasing options.

I'm kinda surprised that the Excelsior refit wasn't switched over to the same style as the Nebula perhaps with a higher in-game cost....

Though the TOS Connie is in the store it's also a pre-order bonus. You still can't acquire that in-game through gameplay though...

Everything else you mentioned was a skin or VA ship :p I'm glad they made some mention of it even if it's not on totally solid backing just to keep that slippery slope a little stickier...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
great episode as usual

but one thing i noticed, from the brief Iconian tidbits: "They're dark, mysterious, unknowable... and their technology is far beyond what even the Borg and the Undine have"...

i don't know if this is true or not, or if it will show up in-game, but if it is... wow. just... wow