Lt. Commander
# 1 I heal myself in pvp
01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
when i really need it and it hasn't been doing much for me the last few days.......other people who i am not targeting are getting it. How do I make this stop happening?

happens with every power thatr can be used on others if they are in range.....makes me top the chart for healing but....i'm using em because I'm the one in trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobborg
when i really need it and it hasn't been doing much for me the last few days.......other people who i am not targeting are getting it. How do I make this stop happening?

happens with every power thatr can be used on others if they are in range.....makes me top the chart for healing but....i'm using em because I'm the one in trouble.
Sorry to laugh here, but I am simply picturing your frustration, I can only imagine the nail marks in your chair when this happens to you.

Two things...

1: Turn off *Assist Target on Attack* for both space and ground.

2: Make sure you are not under any confuse abilities such as Scramble Sensors. If you are, then simply press F1 before using your heals.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
thanks for the quick reply.
I will try the F1. as the target assist was the first thing i turned off when i figured out where my heals were going. heals have gone when i have no one targetted, people who are targeting me as my target, after my target is dead and gone and i have no target. I have tried to manually target my ship and that only works sometimes. I've never had this problem before a couple of days ago. If this keeps up, I'll need to have team members paid and up to date on the hmo XD or execute my bridge officers who can't aim their powers where I need them
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I think Auto-Fire sometimes messes me up, especially when scrambled. I'll hit F1 and wait a second before trying to fire off a heal but even then I notice a turret keeps going and my heal has gone somewhere else. I'm not sure if that could be contributing. The "Assist Target on Attack" was certainly a pain in my hind side at the start too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobborg

it could also be that you have target attacker set to on while scrambled this will mean you cannot esc to clear a target to heal yourself