Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I'm the only one doing the remastered episodes. The rest of the content team is working on new content (the new weekly series stuff). The remastered episodes are meant to fill in the times between the gaps in the new weekly content. Several things happen when I touch these old episodes, I've already mentioned the cutsceens, but it also includes having the encounters scale to player level. new loot, new accolades, bug fixes, adding optional objectives that are class specific, and much much more.

Think of them like "Fan Favorite" reruns of TOS,TNG,DS9 you watch on the Sci FI channel.

We won't be remastering everything, just the episodes that have had the most positive feedback (belive me, we know which ones they are). Currently we don't have any plans to remaster fleet actions, but that's not set in stone for the future.

Anyhow, we will give you more info on these when they get closer to getting them out to you...

Goz
From this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=196134

That sounds great and all, except for one little fact: Klingons cant play Fed episodes. And for anyone who isnt aware, Gozer is the guy who single handedly developed the new repeatable KDF missions for Season 3. So now instead of continuing to develop more KDF content to fill the gap between the factions, Cryptic is telling him to go back and re-do missions that only Feds can play. Hey Dan, if your reading this you need to make better use of your people.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Ouch. This is the first decision I really disagree with them on since dstal took the helm. If your going to have Gozer doing his own thing seperate of the content team, it needs to be helping the KDF not suck so much
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Hey Dan, if your reading this you need to make better use of your people.
Hey Jack Sparrow, if you're reading this I would suggest you not be so presumptuous.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
The Remastered episodes will be playable by Klingons with new text and faction specific objectives.

And the goal seems to be to have something new out, every week, to be played by everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The Remastered episodes will be playable by Klingons with new text and faction specific objectives.
Where is that stated?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
From this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=196134

That sounds great and all, except for one little fact: Klingons cant play Fed episodes. And for anyone who isnt aware, Gozer is the guy who single handedly developed the new repeatable KDF missions for Season 3. So now instead of continuing to develop more KDF content to fill the gap between the factions, Cryptic is telling him to go back and re-do missions that only Feds can play. Hey Dan, if your reading this you need to make better use of your people.
I don't see any where that they say they are not developing new content? In fact he says every one else is developing new content Do you just not want them to improve the old episodes because they might not be Klingon?

Edit: if your hinting that only;y gozer can develop new content so now none will be developed I would assume they have others working on Klingon than just him.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorra
I don't see any where that they say they are not developing new content? In fact he says every one else is developing new content Do you just not want them to improve the old episodes because they might not be Klingon?
The new content that is being developed is the weekly episodes. Dont get me wrong, thats great. But that doesnt change the fact that there is still alot more Fed only episodes than Klingon only episodes. And since Gozer is capable of making great Klingonly only content, its just sad they have him going back working on Fed only episodes that already exist than making new KDF content like he did for Season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
The new content that is being developed is the weekly episodes. Dont get me wrong, thats great. But that doesnt change the fact that there is still alot more Fed only episodes than Klingon only episodes. And since Gozer is capable of making great Klingonly only content, its just sad they have him going back working on Fed only episodes that already exist than making new KDF content like he did for Season 3.
Where does it say that he is stopping EVERYTHING he is working on to work ONLY on these remasters? Stop assuming and just enjoy the game.

Also, you make money by catering to the majority, not the minority, get over it already.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Where is that stated?
Every time Dstahl has mentioned the idea, going back to before it was called "Remastered". When he first threw the idea out, it was for missions that would make sense to have a KDF and Fed side.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Why are there so many fed officers so keen to make sure any possible issue with getting more Klingon content is shouted down? Is it some sort of PVP or are you just so mean spirited that you can't bear to see anyone else have fun?
Closed Thread