Lt. Commander
# 11
01-05-2011, 04:56 AM
i'm not a fan of the new klingon missions, i say we let gozer ruin fed content instead.

hugs g :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRaktajino
Also, you make money by catering to the majority, not the minority, get over it already.
By Majority, I assume you mean Star Trek fans as a whole and not fed over all others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robingbrown View Post
Why are there so many fed officers so keen to make sure any possible issue with getting more Klingon content is shouted down? Is it some sort of PVP or are you just so mean spirited that you can't bear to see anyone else have fun?
Possibly.

I'm just curiuos where it was stated that Gozer was only doing federation missions? I was under the impression that he was working on switching the older missions to both factions being able to play thier own version of said missions.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-05-2011, 06:33 AM
I rather would have NEW KDF episodes instead of Fed ones remastered to KDF.

that is content i allready played... multiple times.

If Gozer only takes the maps and makes completely new missions for the KDF out of it, then dont mind me.

Anyway i'd say they need to stock up on their content team,
Weekly Episodes + Remastered + everything else STF's, Fleetactions, preperation for Romulan exclusive Missions anytime soon?...
PvP hasn't realy been touched since launch and i don't even want to mention Kerrat, or Andoria....

I'm not sure if Cryptic can handle all the content without it all turning into crawl-mode.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
I rather would have NEW KDF episodes instead of Fed ones remastered to KDF.

that is content i allready played... multiple times.

If Gozer only takes the maps and makes completely new missions for the KDF out of it, then dont mind me.
As i understood it, the missions will get to be played from the otherside of the story for the kdf.
So like instead of blowing up the doomsday machine, you protect it against a starfleet strike.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
By Majority, I assume you mean Star Trek fans as a whole and not fed over all others?
Considering that the Klingon fanbase is a rather small, albeit dedicated group, I don't think catering to them specifically would be taken very well.

Unfortunately, Cryptic lacks the manpower to have separate Klingon and Federation development groups, although this would be the ideal setup since they both wouldn't be vying for personnel.

Its, ideally a double-edged sword. Focus too much on the Klingons, the bread and butter majority players of the game playing Federation are going to lose interest. Focus too much on the Federation, and Klingon players feel like second class citizens or after thoughts.

That being said, some of the Fed missions are in desperate need of a makeover. If that means a more engrossing experience for a new player, regardless of faction, then I'd think both sides would at least support it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-05-2011, 06:56 AM
If they do it like the Fleet Actions in Klingon space I expect them to fail.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
If they do it like the Fleet Actions in Klingon space I expect them to fail.
I'm not sure if there were enough Klingon players on regularly to justify Fleet Actions in the first place.

Heck, just about everyone on the Fed side ignores the Fleet Actions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-05-2011, 07:01 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
Considering that the Klingon fanbase is a rather small, albeit dedicated group, I don't think catering to them specifically would be taken very well.
I wasn't asking that they do so, I'm merely hoping that we don't get back into the KDF versus Fed debate over who is getting the most attention from "mommy and daddy" and can continue to let the Dev's work on what needs to be fixed or revamped to bring both factions up to speed.

Progress has been made and now is not the time to start the "majority, entitlement, favortism" crap up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
As i understood it, the missions will get to be played from the otherside of the story for the kdf.
So like instead of blowing up the doomsday machine, you protect it against a starfleet strike.
This is my belief as well. Though I could see the DoomDay mission being a joint-operation between factions, common enemy and all that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-05-2011, 07:14 AM
To be honest, I feel like the whole "Fed-Klingon War" idea is a bit problematic, since the longer the game goes on, the longer the idea is going to be untenable. We now have the two warring powers working together against the Undine and the Borg.

Unfortunately, they needed to shoehorn pvp into the game, and while this had the effect of drawing in some of the fickle pvp crowd, it basically alienated the possibility of mission sharing and being able to use some of the pve content to flesh out the klingon pve experience.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-05-2011, 07:18 AM
[quote=Roach;3264635]
Quote:
I wasn't asking that they do so, I'm merely hoping that we don't get back into the KDF versus Fed debate over who is getting the most attention from "mommy and daddy" and can continue to let the Dev's work on what needs to be fixed or revamped to bring both factions up to speed.

Progress has been made and now is not the time to start the "majority, entitlement, favortism" crap up again.
Fully agree here. Please don't start the We vs Them fire again. It hurt the community bad enough.
Closed Thread