Lt. Commander
# 261
01-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Good gravy people!! No one is even arguing on "issues" anymore! You are just insulting each other and defending yourselves like squabbling kuve. There is no point to this blasted topic anymore! All of you need to let this thread die in some amount of peace. Whatever the original point of this thread was supposed to be has been lost. I don't care if you think PFs a jerk, he obviously doesn't care, no one cares if you think Stahl is a jerk PF, no one is listening. Give it a rest.
You obviously are. Just saying
Lt. Commander
# 262
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Dang. I thought of that after it was posted. Hoped no one would notice. :p

One could say though, I heard, but wasn't listening, in a sense. As in I 'heard' what they said, but I don't care what they are arguing about, just knowing they were arguing.
Lt. Commander
# 263
01-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Martok, I don't think Stahl's a jerk. I don't even know him. I do think that he made a mistake, but who amongst us has never done that?

You're right though. I've already said what I wanted to say. Since then I've only been defending my statements from the "Dev Defense League."

As for this thread dying, well that probably won't happen for awhile yet. Why? Because everyone has to throw their two cents in, everyone has to have the last word. As you know, each of those posts bumps the thread, thus keeping it from dying.

Just as your response to this post will.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
You'd be surprised how many players DON'T want to play Klingons even if they had as many missions as the Feds. Far more people want to play other factions than want to play Klingons.

So regardless of your speculation, the team does continue to improve the interactivity and game mechanics in STO and remastering episodes (not just adding "fluff") but changing the backend mission data and structure will allow us to implement some of these features you're asking for.

Its easy to bash something when you don't know all the details. For example, "Your comments are cheap and lazy". But that's probably not true. You probably thought them through and really considered what you were writing and have solid opinions on what the game needs, and I value that. So my suggestion would be to use constructive criticism more than calling a very hard working team "lazy".
In my two fleet(s), it is not the opinion of the membership that the Klingons lack playability. Our main obstacle is finding time to play. I personally feel the development for all the factions is right where it should be.

When you put it all into perspective from the time the developers started developing the game, I think it makes sense how the Klingons were developed like they are. Now, the team gets to learn how to complete the Klingons and add new features to it. This will give the team the necessary skills to implement the next logical step, a new player faction (hopefully Romulans).

The development of the game is as much a learning curve for the developers as it is for the player. I do not think the developers are lazy at all. I like how the developers are trying to move the game in a direction where it is a symbiotic culture. The best concept of this is the Foundry. I hope the developers really take their time to develop the Foundry. My exposure to it so far has been interesting and fun. The last two developer's post for the live game and Tribble have been exciting.

I am waiting for the day the Orion Faction is a reality...hopefully in the next tree years...
Lt. Commander
# 265 Who is PF?
01-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Who is PF and why is he or she important?
Lt. Commander
# 266
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Let's just end this conversation please.
Closed Thread