Lt. Commander
# 21
01-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:

Fully agree here. Please don't start the We vs Them fire again. It hurt the community bad enough.
Well, isn't that what this thread is thinly veiled as?

"Why are you focusing on redoing Federation missions instead of making more new content for Klingons?"
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robingbrown View Post
Why are there so many fed officers so keen to make sure any possible issue with getting more Klingon content is shouted down? Is it some sort of PVP or are you just so mean spirited that you can't bear to see anyone else have fun?
It is not about being mean-spirited. It's about understanding that we all need new content. The fed players have played through everything multiple times. They are at the same content dead-end the klingon players are at. There is nothing new for them to do. With Cryptic's small content team everything done for only 1 faction means the other side is getting nothing. So basically every time a klingon player screams about wanting something more a fed player understands that means something less for them. The fed players don't want less so they scream back.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
To be honest, I feel like the whole "Fed-Klingon War" idea is a bit problematic, since the longer the game goes on, the longer the idea is going to be untenable. We now have the two warring powers working together against the Undine and the Borg.

Unfortunately, they needed to shoehorn pvp into the game, and while this had the effect of drawing in some of the fickle pvp crowd, it basically alienated the possibility of mission sharing and being able to use some of the pve content to flesh out the klingon pve experience.
The Fed-Klingon war doesn't really make a whole lot of sense from a game play perspective. It's almost like the design team for STO just decided to make the Federation at war with everyone for the sake of allowing Fed characters to fight as many alien species as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
As i understood it, the missions will get to be played from the otherside of the story for the kdf.
So like instead of blowing up the doomsday machine, you protect it against a starfleet strike.
IDK where your getting that idea, but that is not what Gozer said.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Quote:
To be honest, I feel like the whole "Fed-Klingon War" idea is a bit problematic, since the longer the game goes on, the longer the idea is going to be untenable. We now have the two warring powers working together against the Undine and the Borg.
I do not see it so, if its kept to the coldwar style of conflict we are currently experiencing.
The settings is not so much a real war with active attacks against each other portrayed in PvE play leaqding to some huge climatic conflict as a the quadrant has come under attack by several forces known and unkown at a time of social and political upheavel among the factions. Its a war but closer to cold war, which is a both agood and bad thing.
Good in that a cold war-ish setting allows for limited conflict pve/pvp without having to rewrite the story to favor the victor.
Bad in that no true climax will ever manifest as a outcome of the war, given that we play ina MMO, so the endgame sense of accomplishment is not there.

Unfortunately, they needed to shoehorn pvp into the game, and while this had the effect of drawing in some of the fickle pvp crowd, it basically alienated the possibility of mission sharing and being able to use some of the pve content to flesh out the klingon pve experience.
Fickle? I do not know if I qualify for fickle status, but I do know that I found the JOY of PvP because of STO and do not wish to see it fall to the wayside due to neglect.

STF's and any other mission designated (joint faction) should be completely possible ingame and would only require a simple suspension of disbelief by the player to accomplish.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Well, isn't that what this thread is thinly veiled as?

"Why are you focusing on redoing Federation missions instead of making more new content for Klingons?"
It is or was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimskringla View Post
The Fed-Klingon war doesn't really make a whole lot of sense from a game play perspective.
The Undine have manipulated the quadrant through subversion and trickery to cuase chaos and strife among the races before conquest attempts are to be made.

The KDF has discovered this during thier expansion of the Empire in the wake of the Romulans homeworld being destroyed and even shared this with the UFP, but it is too late and we were ignored. This has compounded the fact that the KDF and the UFp were at odds over the Empire growth through conquest and escaleted the war.

Add in the Romulans as they struggle to maintain a base of power for themselves, the Cardassions and thier internal issue with the True Way, The Borg returning, the Fekiri returning, Hirogen, Ferengi, etc and the whole quadrant has been knocked on its ear.

EI: War because the factions are too distrusting to work together except for those few individuals (STF's) who have put aside such grievances for the greater good.

It makes sense when the whole picture is viewed at once.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK-187
i'm not a fan of the new klingon missions, i say we let gozer ruin fed content instead.

hugs g :p
No no no... I fully support the idea of Gozer doing MORE Klingon only content. There are quite a few more sectors needing to be opened up to the Klingon players and he should focus on giving them more "challenging content that encourages teamwork" in those sectors. It's not fair to the Klingon players to let him go back and "Gozerize" everyone's favorite Fed missions when the Klingon side is still lacking in content.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
No no no... I fully support the idea of Gozer doing MORE Klingon only content. There are quite a few more sectors needing to be opened up to the Klingon players and he should focus on giving them more "challenging content that encourages teamwork" in those sectors. It's not fair to the Klingon players to let him go back and "Gozerize" everyone's favorite Fed missions when the Klingon side is still lacking in content.
I cast my vote for Romulan space!
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
i cant say im that concerned as i play both factions but it would be nice if the remaster fed and klink eps. (even though there are only 8, they are all good eps and worthy of some new stuff)

or if they can make some fed eps now open to klinks with the remastering. that would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i cant say im that concerned as i play both factions but it would be nice if the remaster fed and klink eps. (even though there are only 8, they are all good eps and worthy of some new stuff)

or if they can make some fed eps now open to klinks with the remastering. that would be awesome.
I agree with the last part. But definitely not the first. If their going to be working on Klingon episodes, it should be new ones.
Closed Thread