Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
they both are blue and attacking me. There was no scramble on me and they came across the zone and followed me....so whats the best guess.

This has ruined 3 perfectly good games tonite.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
they both are blue and attacking me. There was no scramble on me and they came across the zone and followed me....so whats the best guess.

This has ruined 3 perfectly good games tonite.
Klingons have finally hacked Federation IFF protocols. Doom upon you!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 07:12 PM
That's really odd. I'm tired of the pets following me across the zone whether I'm cloaked or not, but I've never seen them on my side and attacking me short of being scrambled. I don't know what's up with that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I know that this sometimes happens with ships called in via Fleet Support but I've never seen it happen with Carrier pets.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Its actually a very common bug so who knows why it hasn't been fixed yet. It seems to happen sometimes when the owner of the pets gets too far from you and/or their pets. They turn "friendly" to you, yet keep attacking you. This doesn't just apply to carrier pets, but applies to any and all deployables as I've noticed. Fleet support, Photonic fleet, and mines are especially common to see this bug with. In fact I think the opposite can happen with friendly mines, they appear hostile yet you can't attack them.

With mines you see this frequently as someone lays a minefield and then runs across the capture and hold map to the other side. You can also see this if someone deploys a fleet support ship and then gets killed and respawns, the fleet support may turn friendly.

I'm not sure on the precise mechanics of it, but its those kind of situations you see it most often with. That it can happen with carrier pets isn't a big surprise, especially with how they follow you endlessly now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
With mines you see this frequently as someone lays a minefield and then runs across the capture and hold map to the other side. You can also see this if someone deploys a fleet support ship and then gets killed and respawns, the fleet support may turn friendly.
I can confirm that. Happens a lot in C&H.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Yes, I have definitely seen this happen with Photonic Fleets and Mines. Havne't noticed it with carrier pets yet. If I ran away from them more, I might.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Well Garravesh, what did you do to peeve them off so?

Possibly its a bug offshoot from a Dev attempt to fix the chase while cloaked bug.
Lt. Commander
# 9 did something i reckon
01-05-2011, 06:39 PM
most likely on a combat patrol where i am flying anti pets in my cruiser as usual.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I've found out how this might happen.. If the owner of the pets are destroyed but were attacking you previous to their death.. the pets will attack whilst counting as friendly until the person who owned the pets spawns again.