Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
they both are blue and attacking me. There was no scramble on me and they came across the zone and followed me....so whats the best guess.
Not sure what it is but I see photonic ships do that a lot too..
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
most likely on a combat patrol where i am flying anti pets in my cruiser as usual.
Well, Don't do that anymore.

It really seems to peeve them off something awful.:p

Honestly they need to fix this bug
Lt. Commander
# 13 figures
01-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Note to self...tell CRYptic to fix that.

Fix that along with unlimited pursuit range and the ability to spawn (pet) ships over and over w/o loosing crew as we all know spawning some BoP's from your ship should cost you crew..as they are not robotically controlled.

Would be nice if they implemented some sort of reason to have any crew. Might even make it more tactical to deploy a crew rather then OHHH it cooled down time to spawn another.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Note to self...tell CRYptic to fix that.

Fix that along with unlimited pursuit range and the ability to spawn (pet) ships over and over w/o loosing crew as we all know spawning some BoP's from your ship should cost you crew..as they are not robotically controlled.

Would be nice if they implemented some sort of reason to have any crew. Might even make it more tactical to deploy a crew rather then OHHH it cooled down time to spawn another.
The unlimited pursuit range is just fine. Because it's not truely unlimited. The craft will not chase enemies over several lightyears here, but within the small spaces of the map it's not unreasonable for them to chase an enemy for 40-50 km. Or should they have less range then a car? :p

Actually I wouldn't mind it subtracting crew equal to the number of people it'd take to pilot the deployables. With fighters you wouldn't lose more then 100 in a match, and with a crew of 4000 I'm actually more afraid of torpedo's depleting crew then losing them through fightercraft. In a particularly long and unlucky match that you use BoP's or Frigates you could potentially lose more. But not say more then 300. That's less then 10%. And you should get them back when you leave the map and/or the craft comes back to the ship and despawns.

But as I said, a handful of photon torpedo's pose more of a threat to a carrier's crew then losing ships deployed in combat. It wouldn't phase me either way.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-06-2011, 06:28 PM
while agree the distance is not great I do object to us not being able to track beyond approx 27k..we loose tracking of them...as shouldbe for pets.

The tracking of cloaked ships and being over 50 km range is just insidious IMO.

I have no issue in beating on pets...I do have an issue when there is no real reason they should have that when the norm for us players is so small (the range).
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
The tracking of cloaked ships and being over 50 km range is just insidious IMO.
QFT. I posted this on the Tribble forums. Why should they (and their carrier) be out of my own ship's sensor range yet still targeting me - even when I'm cloaked? I call shenanigans.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-06-2011, 11:10 PM
I do call shenanigans on tracking while cloaked. That's a problem non PC spawned NPC's share too at times. And rather then have stuff stop tracking at 27km-30km, I think PC's should be able to target stuff up to 50km out. Though that is probably limited to where it is so it doesn't clutter the screen up with everything that's on the entire map at one time.
Lt. Commander
# 18 A handsome bug!
01-07-2011, 12:17 AM
A: Frigates turning friendly next to me .. the carrier was not dead. Neither was I hit by scramble sensor as I was cca 20-25K out.

B: Mines turning hostile - friendly - hostile - friendly - hostile in cca 10 second window. I was all alone back then ... not a soul around me.

C: Me vs player and I called out photonic fleet. Player dies, my own photonic fleet starts to attack me (no change). No scramble either.

And I'm seeing this more often by the day.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Possibly the NPC pet spams of all factions and ability are rising up in violent protest?

what ever the reason it only sounds as if the "cloaked tracking bug" and "refuses to stop following me bug" have degenerated into a worse series of effects.

Time to revamp pets Cryptic.