Lt. Commander
# 11
01-06-2011, 07:22 AM
I suppose I could throw down a few bucks on it, why not. I just have no idea where to buy some tickets at around my place...

Though one has to wonder, given a potentially limited allotment of luck, would winning the lottery mean I lose every game of 40K for the rest of my life because of perpetually unlucky dice rolls? I'm not sure it'd be worth it then... :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Too late, pot is down to 12 mil. Somebody in Lodi or fresno walked away with it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Because 12 million is chump change. :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
Because 12 million is chump change. :p
Compared to $355 million? yes. Especially considering more times than not it gets well over 100 million before anybody wins.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Compared to $355 million? yes. Especially considering more times than not it gets well over 100 million before anybody wins.
But that's just because less people play it. More people playing = more chance of someone winning. Your odds are always the same, regardless of pot value.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Depends on the LAws for double jeopardy and being taxed on the same thing twice..

You move and find the area has a tax on top of a state or federal a county then a city sales[income] tax..

Look at the Tax Tables % its amazing the amount you loose off the top.

If one were to take an annuity option its spread over 30 years w a % increase each year.

did I say Bono moved his Music company to Holland [tax haven]

Some countries make it illegal to buy another's lotto.. If you are Canadian you may buy many boarder area lottos but the taxes are taken out where you cash a ticket in forever.. for the federal state wants their percentage as u buy a ticket in their legal jurisdiction.. very convoluted..
You then become taxed without representation as you aren't a legal res or voter in the area you could crash the large claim see..

because its large cash wire transfer over political boundaries its in An american case Inter State Commerce.. they want that reapportionment money to stay happy.. you can still have a good deal of loot..

They want you to take a greatly reduce lump sum why so they keep the balance in the Money market funds they buy from a bank to kept the fund liquid.. in the day billions can be wired internationally in seconds for business.. a Lotto pool will ask u take a small % of the Lump sum up front then have you wait 2 weeks so they can conveniently 9-5 sell off the Bonds for the cash you won.. and use that time to goad u into doing press fluff to advert the lotto they are so proud of.

the only crux of contentions w them is they do want to reveal names and home towns of winners to prove via public disclosure its a legit system.. however lawyers advice foreign a limited lic company and claim as a LLC w a Synonym to maintain more privacy.. you dont need reveal a pic or anything..

So if you loo kat property taxes and sales taxes and realize you get paid once a year... a good budget and only 1 or 2 Bentlys a year you should have plenty left to order take out

I think they added more possable combos to most bigger games but its still more in pool more combs used more chance for a win.