Lt. Commander
# 11
01-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Not yet, but I'm certain I will in due time. (Lots of lifers in this thread...)
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Given I paid $240.00 have I gotten my money's worth yet? From a strictly financial standpoint, were STO to close its doors today...at $15.00 a month, no.

Do I think I WILL get my money's worth down the line (say by this time next year - if the game remains up and running); and am I satisfied with the direction teh STO Dev team is taking the game, and the work they have done to date? YES.

Honestly, I can say that had the LTS never been offered, I'd still have a paid subscription; and wouldn't have let my STO subscription lapse at any month up to this point.

(And although I also have a LTS to CO because I liked that game too, and saw potential, I will say that had I not had the CO LTS, I would have let my CO sub lapse for about 4 months out of the 16 CO's been on-line. I do think the CO Dev Team is indeed working hard - but for whatever the reason, Cryptic's commitment to move CO forward and improve cointent has honestly been lacking in comparison to STO; and I felt this way a while before the CO F2P conversion announcement. It's sad too, as I DO feel the basics of CO are indeed solid, and the game still has great potential; but, IMO, not enough resources are neing directed toward that game to assist the CO Dev team in making use of that potential in a timely fashion. If the F2P plan helps change that paradigm for CO, great, but at this point, I'm still skeptical as to what (if any) positive effect the Cryptic F2P Hybrid model will have on that game.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm generating two happy thoughts for every unhappy one. That does not equal bliss, but it's a solid smile.

Oh yes, economically speaking, that means adequate value for money. :p

---
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sernon View Post
I'm generating two happy thoughts for every unhappy one. That does not equal bliss, but it's a solid smile.
What you just said there, coupled with your Avatar... priceless!

Lt. Commander
# 15
01-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I most definitely have gotten my money's worth.

I have had a blast with this game. I belong to a great fleet, and have made plenty of friends in the game. We run through mission replays, STFs, occasionally some PvP, and some RPing opportunities.

I am a firm believer that the game is getting better and better, and I am excited as to what the future holds for all of us in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
My investment has slowly been paying off since release and the creation of more content and the dividends there of are proceeding very well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
What you just said there, coupled with your Avatar... priceless!

Grumpiness is a source for great joy. You can never truly be disappointed, since that is the default state of affairs.

---
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sernon
Grumpiness is a source for great joy. You can never truly be disappointed, since that is the default state of affairs.

---
This dude is hilarious

and yes
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
I've had a couple of wobbles, thought about cancelling and coming back when more content has been added, but then I play for a while and I wonder why I ever thought about leaving. Great job Cryptic, definitely got my money's worth and planning to be here for a long while
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Did I get my money's worth? No, not really.