Lt. Commander
Per previous Dev comments, Foundry missions are supposed to award a certain amount of xp for how long it takes to complete the mission(on average, not per player, which prevents someone from just wasting time and getting xp for it). Is this still the plan? If so, is this going to be tested before going live since their considering going live this month?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
To quote the noted philosopher, Josh Homme:

"No one knows"
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Some time after the holodeck stops crashing from all the Tribble writers attempting to transfer
thier currect tribble missions over to Holodeck

Holodeck up with foundry !
150 UGC writers all que up create mission at the same time.
Holodeck server catches fire :p

SO..................might be a while
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
Some time after the holodeck stops crashing from all the Tribble writers attempting to transfer
thier currect tribble missions over to Holodeck

Holodeck up with foundry !
150 UGC writers all que up create mission at the same time.
Holodeck server catches fire :p

SO..................might be a while
Transfer won't be available most likely.

You're going to need to use Notepad and copy data over manually like I did from Redshirt to Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2011, 07:05 PM
The WORST thing they could do is push THAT particular feature to live this month (if they will send out foundry at all) - it is a major point for balance to be checked out before being realeased on mass.

For example, Blizzard released their Guild Leveling system without such testing (in particular, XP via guild achievements and missions). It was completely untested on a wide enough pool of people and lead to the system being exploited. When they rolled back the effects it caused a lot of outrage, not only for doing it but because people felt they had been lied to initially over what Blizzard said the system would provide.

So Cryptic (getting back to our beloved mmo) should test this as much as possible on tribble first ofc. They need some automated system no doubt that can determine if a mission is worthy of receiving of getting X, Y or Z amount of XP, and/or DipXP and/or EC etc.

.. inveritably, such a system would still fall prey to the requirement to be mass-tested, so I only hope that they do it in such a way that a 'rollback due to exploitation' would not be required once it is let loose on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Are they still planning on doing the stupid 'three and no more XP for the day' thing?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Are they still planning on doing the stupid 'three and no more XP for the day' thing?
Man I hope not.

That would be stupid in the extreme.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Man I hope not.

That would be stupid in the extreme.
Not as stupid as my thought that this thread was about the rebirth of Windows XP........
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
They never planned on something like that.

They have expressed an idea of three foundry missions with full XP (i.e. the play three missions daily) but then regular mission xp afterwards, meaning no bonus for every third one you complete.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Transfer won't be available most likely.

You're going to need to use Notepad and copy data over manually like I did from Redshirt to Tribble.
yes, transfer as in
open 2 versions of the game and manually copy everything by hand.

I have done the same for redshirt to tribble
meow