Lt. Commander
# 11
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
They never planned on something like that.

They have expressed an idea of three foundry missions with full XP (i.e. the play three missions daily) but then regular mission xp afterwards, meaning no bonus for every third one you complete.
The most recent dev commentary I read on the matter was structured specifically against the idea of using three-packs like Exploration because of the variability in timing. It consisted of doing the first Foundry mission you play in a day for full average-time-based XP, then the second for somewhat less, then the third for dramatically less, and then any more within the same day for no mechanical rewards.

Now, if someone could actually point me towards something, because I can't find anything in search, that would be nice. But that wasn't reversed in any of the threads I participated in and replied saying it was a bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
The most recent dev commentary I read on the matter was structured specifically against the idea of using three-packs like Exploration because of the variability in timing. It consisted of doing the first Foundry mission you play in a day for full average-time-based XP, then the second for somewhat less, then the third for dramatically less, and then any more within the same day for no mechanical rewards.

Now, if someone could actually point me towards something, because I can't find anything in search, that would be nice. But that wasn't reversed in any of the threads I participated in and replied saying it was a bad idea.
I may be working on an earlier dstahl interview (the long one that also had the 90 minute Mapolis interview).

I've also seen the three-part mission in-game (though I forget if this was Tribble or redshirt).
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Devs, an update please. Is this still even planned?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2011, 04:15 PM
It's in and working on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Nagus got his update!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Sweet! I guess I missed the announcement. Can anyone direct me to the details of how this works?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Quote:
im not seeing it right now. can you tell us exactly what it is and i saw neither a daily or end of mission rewards given.

if its broken we need to know what it is to report if its working ok nor not.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Unless Zero means the regular skill point rewards for kills?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Unless Zero means the regular skill point rewards for kills?
Are you implying she didnt read the OP before replying? :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Are you implying she didnt read the OP before replying? :p
Yes. At least not thoroughly. It happens to the best of us. And to me. I just noticed today that an e-mail I had replied to a few days back was actually talking about a different project then I thought it was. Oops.