Lt. Commander
Perhaps its just a coincidence, but for the last week I have been browsing at the exchange for a few new officers and out of the roughly 40 alien engineering, 50 alien tactical, and 30 alien science... there has not been single female candidate. I guess my question is, has anyone seen one before?

Kind of silly question I know but my curiosity is now getting the better of me, so I thought I would put up a post. I just thought it a little odd that out of over a hundred BOFF's not a single one was a chick. I didn't know if Cryptic had a thing against alien females... J/K... don't want to create a gender bias issue...

The DarkWanderer
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWanderer View Post
Perhaps its just a coincidence, but for the last week I have been browsing at the exchange for a few new officers and out of the roughly 40 alien engineering, 50 alien tactical, and 30 alien science... there has not been single female candidate. I guess my question is, has anyone seen one before?

Kind of silly question I know but my curiosity is now getting the better of me, so I thought I would put up a post. I just thought it a little odd that out of over a hundred BOFF's not a single one was a chick. I didn't know if Cryptic had a thing against alien females... J/K... don't want to create a gender bias issue...

The DarkWanderer
I purchased an alien female boff last week, and turned her into an orion female. But i think there is definitely more males than females to choose from. At least thats my experience. Of all the officer candidates i've received from lvling/missions, it seems its about 66-75% males.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon176 View Post
I purchased an alien female boff last week, and turned her into an orion female. But i think there is definitely more males than females to choose from. At least thats my experience. Of all the officer candidates i've received from lvling/missions, it seems its about 66-75% males.
Im glad we are so liberal in the 25th century :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Yes, it is possible to get alien females. But you can get them as white level quality only. So there is no point in buying them off the exchange, because they will be no better then what you can buy from the requisitions officer.

This is the reason why you don't see many on the exchange. As far as finding female aliens in green, blue, or purple quality? They simply do not exist. Its an apparent glitch that has yet to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-01-2011, 06:40 AM
When you trade, remember that probably somewhere between 50 and 90% (there... I havnt made up a actual statistic) of the players are male. As such there may be a reluctance to trade female characters.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Yes, it is possible to get alien females. But you can get them as white level quality only. So there is no point in buying them off the exchange, because they will be no better then what you can buy from the requisitions officer.

This is the reason why you don't see many on the exchange. As far as finding female aliens in green, blue, or purple quality? They simply do not exist. Its an apparent glitch that has yet to be fixed.
Thanks for the info... that explains why I can't find any at the exchange. I wonder if Cryptic knows there is a "glitch"...lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-01-2011, 06:53 AM
This is no glitch.

The fact is that most of the players are male. Many of them have an all female, or mostly female, harem/crew. So they usually keep the female BOs and sell the males.

You might find it interesting to note that, when I was monitoring the Exchange, I noticed that, for those races that are visually appealing, the prices for female BOs are usually 3 to 5 times higher than that of male BOs with the same abilities/skills. For those races, like Rigelians or Tellarites, that aren't visually appealing the prices are the same between male and female BOs.

The one exception being Saurians of course.

Which reminds me. Does anyone know why Saurian females have breasts? They're lizards. Lizards don't breast feed and they don't have breasts.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
This is no glitch.

The fact is that most of the players are male. Many of them have an all female, or mostly female, harem/crew. So they usually keep the female BOs and sell the males.

You might find it interesting to note that, when I was monitoring the Exchange, I noticed that, for those races that are visually appealing, the prices for female BOs are usually 3 to 5 times higher than that of male BOs with the same abilities/skills. For those races, like Rigelians or Tellarites, that aren't visually appealing the prices are the same between male and female BOs.

The one exception being Saurians of course.

Which reminds me. Does anyone know why Saurian females have breasts? They're lizards. Lizards don't breast feed and they don't have breasts.
they are bolt-ons
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-01-2011, 07:27 AM
What really grinds my gears is the inability to choose our BOff's traits. Especially with the Alien ones, as they all seem to have only a set handfull of traits, no matter how outrageous you make them look.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
They could be reptomammelian. Or they could be actual saurinoids, in which case they're totally not lizards at all.